[REVIEW]MotionX-Poker, 2.0[/REVIEW] + [POLL]

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by darc10222, Jul 13, 2008.

?

Do you like MotionX-Poker?

1. Yes.

29.7%
  2. No.

5.4%
  3. Haven't bought it.

54.1%
  4. Haven't bought it, but will after this review.

10.8%
  1. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Please Register or Log in to view images

[HEADER]
    My second review, this time of MotionX-Poker which is made by fullpower using the MotionX engine.

[TITLE]
    MOTIONX-POKER REVIEW

[WHAT IT IS]
    MotionX-Poker is basically what it sounds like, a poker game that uses the motion of the device to roll the dice.

[MENU]
    MotionX-Poker has an amazing menu system. It would've been fine with JUST playing poker, but not only do they have that, but also practice, the ability to pick dice (and unlock new dice), the ability to unlock "gems" (similar to achievements or trophies), stats (including the amount of times you have won with certain hands, time played, hands played, win rate) and settings (sound effects/music)

[PLAYING]
    Before you start playing poker you have the ability to choose "Zen Roll" which basically lets you roll as many times as you want without giving up coins. When you've got the hang of rolling the dice by shaking the device you start playing. If you want you can start on the "Rooster Table" which is free to play or the "Horse Table" which costs 1 coin to play. When you start winning more hands you eventually unlock more tables that cost more coins to play and give back more as well. Shaking to roll the dice is very original and the fact that there are physics in-game is amazing, such as how the dice bounce off each other.

[EXTRAS]
    As I said before, MotionX-Poker would've been great without all the extras and the fact they took the time to put them in just increases the replayability, originality and "fun factor" of the game. The extras include achievements called gems, the ability to pick the dice you play with and stats.

[OVERALL]
    Overall, this game is great to play, has very original controls and runs with great graphics and physics with no lag at all. It's a great bargain at only $5.99AUD and $4.99USD.

[SCORE]
    5/5
    or very close

[SCREENSHOTS]

2. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The graphics look awesome. XD
  3. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, if you scroll down on the dice there is like literally 30 you have to unlock.
  4. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This looks great, could you please outline the rules of the game, so i can actually understand what you do in the game!
    Thanks, great review!!
  5. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

It's basically poker with dice. Most dice (there are different types) have Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10 and 9.
    Here's each hand you can get from hardest to get (best) and easiest to get (worst):
    Five of a Kind: 1 in 1296.
    Four of a Kind: 1 in 51.8.
    Straight: 1 in 32.4.
    Full House: 1 in 25.9.
    Three of a Kind: 1 in 6.48.
    Two Pair: 1 in 4.32.
    One Pair: 1 in 2.16.
    High Card: 1 in 16.2.
  6. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thankyou! That is great help, i am definitely purchasing now!!
  7. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Awesome review. I have to admit i was alittle wary of this game but i might consider buying this when i get me some more cash.
  8. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

9. ahearn

ahearn New Member

Do not buy this game. You will want to play it all day, every day. You will have no life. It is that good and that addictive. You will play it in bed, on the toilet, while you're eating, and while watching TV. It will take your soul.

Good review BTW.

10. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great review!
    I love this game - one thing you may not know - if you flick your finger to the left over any of the header (on the scrolls - this excludes the stats menu) you'll get a strange message. See pic below.

Attached Files: