[REVIEW] Midomi

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Tman47, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Company: Melodis Corperation
    Post Date: July 10th, 2008
    Version: 1.0
    Price: Free

Please Register or Log in to view images

okay so this is my 2nd review by popular demand lol.

i didnt really have any other apps worth while reviewing that hadnt already been covered haha.

Midomi is an application that finds music based either on singing typing saying or playing a sample of a song for it to recognize.

this app is similar to those of you who know about music ID on most verizon phones, that is a free service for them but not for AT&T customers and im not even sure if they have regular Music ID on the iPhone.

this app could be good or bad depending on whether or not you have an iphone or a mic for your ipod touch.

even though there is a search option for a song or artist its just basically an extra step rather then just simply going to the itunes store and searching there.

But that doesnt mean its completely useless, you can still preview a song just like in itunes, and once you find a song it gives you a link either to email it to a friend, a youtube link to watch if you dont plan on buying it or an itunes store link. also if you touch an arrow in the upper right of the page giving the song links it shows all the songs in the album the original song was in and allows you to choose any of those if you wish.

the voice recognition is surprisingly accurate, i sang twinkle twinkle little star and fyi i am not any kind of singer lol and the first about 15 results were that song by various artists.

the actual music ID part though is a bit sketchy. i havent really had time to experiment with it, and when i have it does give me the right song but its not the first result, and sometimes it gives me an error to try back later.

but saying a song is about 99% accurate which is very nice.

so for this app i would say that its a 4/5 if you have a mic or an iphone, but probably a 2/5 if you do not.

2. davebarrie

davebarrie New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    wait, so r u confirming that it works with the mic mod for ipt?
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Oct 21, 2007
    Hey, this reminds of this hella old thing...

Say that you like this song that you hear on the radio, you just put the device up to the radio, and it tells you what the songs name is... and everything else about it...

Ah, only if i had an iPhone...
  4. uber hax

uber hax Guest

yes. yes.
  5. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

Feb 21, 2008
    i think screenshots are a must in a review. it just doesnt appeal otherwise
  6. uber hax

uber hax Guest

tru dat