[Review] Melodica

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by rofl., Jun 10, 2009.

1. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Melodica Application review

Please Register or Log in to view images

Current Price: $0.99
    Buy it from iTunes

I am a musician, and I love to make music of my own. When I saw Melodica on the app store, I knew I had to try it out. Within seconds, I was already making melodies that I never knew I could create.

_________

When you first open the app, you get a screen that has the company's logo and such and a screen that says "Designed for Headphones." Followed by that, you get the third and final screen that just says "Tap to start." Finally, you are ready to begin making your own song as you go.

The app in its self is simple. It Just has a bunch of blank black squares, 160 to be exact. To begin, all you need to do is tap one of those 160 squares to begin making music. Even if you just randomly tap everywhere, no matter where you tap, it will still sound great.

There really isn't much more to say about this app. It's really simple, even to people who may have never touched an instrument. If you want a great app that can entertain you, this is for you. The really only negative thing that I can say is that it really, really needs a way to record what you are playing.

Overall, I give it a 4/5

Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

2. Germany

Germany Banned

I got this app to see how it compared to TonePad. I think the music making part is better (larger area), but Melodica doesn't have enough features to be a paid application in my mind.
  3. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I sort of think that too. This app could be free, they would just need to add ad support if they wanted some income. Where the ads would be is another thing, though, there's no space.