[Review] Little Black Book

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Collateral, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Little Black Book
    A review on the Little Black Book App from Saltlicklabs

Released- August 03, 2009
    Seller- Saltlicklabs
    Version- 2.0 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
    Space- 1.1 MB
    Requirements- iPod Touch or iPhone OS 2.21 or later
    Cost- $4.99
    Website- www.blackbookexclusive.com

Please Register or Log in to view images

"Designed for bachelors and bachelorettes to protect intimate moments between couples, Little Black Book is the perfect sidekick for securing private love affairs."

The Little Black Book app is an amazing product. It has a contacts list (with favorites), a photo storage page, and a page to a forum with help and suggestions about relationships, all password protected, so noone can see your Little Black Book.

The contacts app is very in depth and even has a rating system based on 0-5 stars. You can even import contacts from your phone book. People Rated with 5 stars will be added to your favorites page in the form of a picture, making them very simple to contact and find.

But thats not all it has. Here are some of the features I love about this app:

First Impression

Just meeting somebody for the first time? Its a hassle to get get names and numbers on slips of paper or on your arm. First Impression lets you add names to your contacts in your black book without even unlocking it. All it requires is pressing the plus sign on the bottom right of the unlock screen.

Intimate Photo Gallery

You've always been able to take and store photos on your iPhone. But do you always want people to be able to see them? Now with Little Black Book, you can store your memories of your most intimate moments under lock and key.

Store Personal Details

Seeing multiple people? Just have a bad memory? Both? Well Little Black Book has a solution. In your contact details, you can include details such as Likes, Dislikes, Measurements, Movie Choices, Music, etc. So you'll never mix up those two girls ever again.

Version 2.1 has been submitted to the app store, which will allow you to name your own details.

Dial Lock

Have a habit of drunk dialing your exes? Well, heres the solution. Dial Lock can set certain contacts to not be able to be dialed at certain times of the day.
    IE: You can set your Dial Locked contacts to be locked from 9:00pm to 7:00 am and it will not let you call them during that time.

Anonymous Advice

During any relationships, there are always questions. Little Black book allows you to access one of the worlds biggest anonymous advice forums, right from your iPhone or iPod Touch.

In conclusion, Little Black book is a must-have for any fun-loving guys and girls. and for $5.00, you get way more than you pay for. Not to mention, updates are frequent and always packing great features. I can't believe i went so long without it.

Graphics & Presentation: 8/10
    - Sometimes lags on the contacts list. 3GS users probably won't experience this though.
    Audio: N/A
    - No Audio
    Gameplay/Controls: 9/10
    -Very Easy to use
    Value For Money: 10/10
    - a must-have, frequent updates.

Overall:
    9/10. (Not an Average)

Here are some free promo codes courtesy of SaltLickLabs:

AF6NX463KNYP
    Y6KP36MKXNA3
    H7TN7W3HHTTJ

BUY HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295634186&mt=8

**I approached Saltlicklabs and took a promo code to review this product.**

Attached Files:

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good review.
  3. saltlicklabs

saltlicklabs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey Studangerous,

Collateral reached out to us over Twitter and asked for a promo code so he could review the app on your site. He linked us to this today, and we did not encourage a biased/slanted review. Thanks for your kind words Collateral.

I gave him a few extra free download codes to toss into his review so your readers would have a nice treat if they managed to read through it all. $4.99 is expensive for a lot of people so we just wanted to give back, didn't realize it would be a problem.

Since I had to go through the registration process, figured I'd make it worth it for everyone. Here are 5 more codes free. If you use them, please leave us comments and a star rating — just try to be nice, we are listening and more features coming soon but we're a small team of two.

K6N9WT6FH7EW
    6M94EKT4WMPK
    XK96FHNP3RF7
    MK6N9E7MH6RR
    NRPPNTTF6K7A

Sincerely,

Colin — Founder of Saltlick Labs
  4. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for popping by and clearing that up Colin. We're keen to avoid any kind of astro-turfing in this section and want to see honest unbiased reviews. If you want to have an application reviewed here in future please see this thread.

However, Collateral should have stated in his review that he had approached you and taken a promo code to review your product. Not stating this can be considered as astro-turfing so I would ask him to edit his review to indicate this fact.

Thanks.
  5. saltlicklabs

saltlicklabs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I agree with you about disclosure.

Collateral told us this was his first review on iPodTouchFans ever so I wanted to help him make it special by giving him extra codes that readers might appreciate. We definitely did not encourage any astro-turfing and in his defense it was his first review.

We ALWAYS include 1-5 free codes when we send out press-releases to editors and writers at major blogs and media outlets. It's just the common thing to do now with 65k+ apps on the store and a lot of developers wanting coverage. Most editors and writers won't even bother if you don't include a free code, it's basically mandatory now.

By the way, thanks for making iPodTouchFans an inviting and trustworthy source for app reviews. Have a great weekend.

-Colin
  6. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Stu, I can guarentee this is an honest review. It is a very well made app and it does exactly what it says it does easily. The only complaint I have is that it lags sometimes, which I mentioned.

I came to them, sorry for that being unclear.

Ps. I edited my post at the bottom to clear this up.
  7. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Many thanks for updating Collateral and thanks for popping in Salt Lick Labs. All good now. I have edited my previous comments.

Good luck with the app and have a great weekend.

Stu
  8. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This app looks pretty cool. Too bad I would have very little use to it