[REVIEW] Lady Gaga Revenge

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Akiyama Mio, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price: $4.99

Version: 1.0

Developer: Tapulous

iTunes Link: Tap Tap Gaga

Lady Gaga, currently a top-of-the-chart artist, is here with her very own version of Tap Tap Revenge. This is by far one of the better Tap Tap Revenge "Artist Editions", both graphics and music wise.

How is Tap Tap Gaga different from the other Artist Editions?

Tap Tap Gaga is much different from other Artist Editions. The graphics are amazingly good compared to some of the others. Think it's just graphics that are a difference? You're wrong. This is the first version of TTR to have a landscape boss mode. Not just that, but it just so happens to have four rails. The music fits the graphics perfectly, and I'm very surprised at how amazing this is.

What is Tap Tap Gaga?
    Tap Tap Gaga is an Artist Edition of the very popular Tap Tap Revenge. Made by the famous Tapulous, Lady Gaga gets one of the best versions of Tap Tap out there. It's been revolutionized as Tapulous has entered there "landscape period", which includes a brand new feature - FOUR rails. Not only does this add to the experience of playing, but it fits in with the unique music by Lady Gaga.

Gameplay/Controls
    Opening the game brings you too the menu, featuring a picture of Lady Gaga with a dalmatian. It displays News about Lady Gaga, and your choice of gameplay: One Player or Two player. It also has a button to take you to your options, such as turning arrows on or off, volume, etc.

I'll choose One Player, since I'm the only one playing. I'm then able to choose my difficulty, which are Easy, Medium, Hard, and Extreme. Extreme is for those pros out there, which post youtube videos of them doing 100% FC's.

I'm only able to do a few hard songs, so I'll choose hard.

Aha! Poker Face. Well, I'll skip it to show you guys some gameplay screenshots (which I need to be on Easy to do..tsk tsk).

First, we'll skip right to the newest and best feature: The landscape mode.
    The landscape mode is a brand new feature. It's a exclusive to Tap Tap Gaga until later versions. Currently, it's for boss stages only. The landscape mode has four rails, making it even more fun to play. Four rails also make it more challenging, as seen in the screenshots below.

Yeah, I think I suck at this game..

Yep.

Graphics/Presentation
    Now for the theme of TTG. Tap Tap Gaga has the best graphics and theme for a Tap Tap Revenge game yet, consisting of various shades of color. As seen as in the above screenshots, everything is very Lady Gagaish. Silver, Blue, White, and it's generally a very partyish theme. One thing I've noticed about the theme is that when you tap on either side of the screen, the bubbles light up on that side.

Something I just noticed a few minutes ago was that the aces show your combo. I've created a quick .gif to display this.

Actual graphics look much better, quality is lowered.

Overall, the graphics for this are amazing, and I'm surprised they don't push the iPhone way past it's limits.

Music
    The music. The thing that makes Tap Tap Revenge what it is. Everyone that plays this, even if you hate Lady Gaga, will have a great time with it. I never really liked her that much until I heard some of her hottest songs through this app, and it's very enjoyable.

Track List:
    - Paparazzi
    - Starstruck
    - Poker Face
    - LoveGame
    - Boys Boys Boys
    - LoveGame (Robots to Mars Remix)
    - Money Honey
    - Poker Face (Space Cowboy Remix)
    - The Fame
    - Just Dance
    - I Like It Rough
    - Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
    - Just Dance (Glam As You Club Mix)
    - Poker Face (Glam As You Club Mix)

The music fits in perfectly with the theme. Well, actually, it's more like the theme fits in perfectly with the music. The music is very good, and will surprise you, even if you like music of a way different taste.

Ratings
    Gameplay/Controls: 9/10 - One of the best TTR apps yet, enjoyable, fun.

Presentation/Graphics: 10/10 - The graphics won me over for this one. They're fun, exciting, electrifying, and stick out much more then the other applications. The color scheme is a Blue/White/Silver, making it unbelievably beautiful.

Audio: 9/10 - Lady Gaga is much more talented then I had thought. Her music is very..I'm overusing this, but it's fun.

Replay Value: 7/10 - It's kinda hard not to replay a TTR game - especially this one!

Value for the Money: 10/10 - This game is worth it one-hundred percent! You get great music, and ages of fun.

Overall: 9.1/10 - I highly recommend this game if you're in love with most Tap Tap Revenge games. Heck, I recommend it if it's your first one.

End Notes
    Tap Tap Gaga is one for the history books. It revolutionized the way some people look at Tapulous, and now we have Landscape and 4 rails. Congratulations, Tapulous, you've just won a Number One fan.

Enjoy my second review, which I don't think is as good as my Nintaii one, but enjoy it! ~

Attached Files:

2. tgcp

tgcp New Member

Might have helped if you'd got the name of the game right.. It's Lady Gaga Revenge

Otherwise good review, and I can agree with most of the points on there. You can't do extreme?!
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

'Presentation/Graphics: 10/10'

YES! They are by far the best.

Great review.
  4. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I'll follow ya till ya love me, Papa, Papa, Paparazzi

I freakin' love this game. I love Lady GaGa, and Tap Tap, so when I found that on Australia's App Store Page (This morning

) I downloaded it right away. This review couldn't be further from lies

Let's have some fun, the beat is sick!

CT
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I love the game... I hate the woman

Nice review
  6. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

I can't believe I got the name wrong...-_-;
  8. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Might just get this :3
  9. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Thanks

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Radish zomg, someone convinced? By MY review? Nowai!
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Great review... I have every Tapulous game on my iPod touch except this one! (but will

)