[REVIEW] Konami's Powerpros Touch Baseball

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Microsoft™, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Name: Power Pros Touch Baseball
    Price: $3.99
    Size: 63.5 MB
    Category: Games
    Released: July 10, 2009
    Version: 1.0.0 (iPhone 3.0 Tested)
    Developer: ® Konami Digital Entertainment
    iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322521391&mt=8&uo=6

Overview:

Konami's Port of the popular and spectacular Wii Game is here! Perfectly optimized for the iPhone and iPod Touch, this game beats all the other competitors out there. Everything from strike-outs to home runs, pike outs to unfortunate mishaps, is just a swipe and tap away!

Main Menu:

This is the beautiful and very straight-forward main menu. Here, There are 5 choices.

Exhibition Mode:

1. This is exhibition mode. Also known as "Quick Play" in other games. After you choose this mode, it will bring up a Team Selection menu where you can pick your team, as well as your opponents team. In total, there are 6 teams.

Here is a GIF of just 3 of the many combinations of teams you can have. TIP: The Stars PWN!

After that, you get to choose which team is away or home, and which stadium you would like to play in. There are only 2 choices of stadiums, a domed stadium and a Open air stadium.

All Clear? All Right! The next screen has the most flexible in-game settings you can have in a baseball game. Edit everything you like in this screen.

Once you get all configured, there's ANOTHER screen of options. These options are more of how to want the environment to be. Loud? Soft? Automatic? Manual? Your choice!

Time to play ball! Make some last minute line-up changes and get ready to play!

First, You start off as a simple pitcher. In the middle of the screen, there are 5 different pitches you can choose from.

-The "Konami Original" is just another word for a 2-seam fastball.
    -Different Pitchers have different pitches! Some may have 4-seam Fastballs, whilst some may have Sliders, and some have Forkballs. Choose your pitcher wisely.
    -The GIF messed up the graphics for some reason, even after multiple re-uploads. Trust me, the graphics are amazing on the device.

To Pitch:

-Select your throw.
    -Select where you want the ball to hit. (For pitches like sliders, you can swipe one direction and thats the direction the ball will "slide" towards.)

Fielding is pretty much automatic, unless you set it to something else. If the character can catch the ball, it Will. I would recommend you leave it to auto,; for a joyful experience dominating your opponent.

Attached Files:

2. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Awesome job! You have gave the opponent 3 outs. Its your turn to bat now. Pitches are randomly generated from the computer.

Here is a nice screen to teach you how to bat.

-If you want home runs; wait for the ball to come just right, and swipe up! Start your swipe from where the ball hits.
    -To Bunt, Double tap your character and adjust your bunt accordingly.

This system of batting is pure genius. It makes foul balls frustrating, whilst home runs are celebration-worthy. The game has absolute no lag and is incredibly smooth. Graphics are 2D and are wonderful. However, you would see slight grains or imperfections where the character and the environment meet, but its quite unnoticeable. You may have dominating games, or sad defeats. Try to beat my record:

Trust me, I'm playing as the stars, not the other guys.

Season Mode:

2. Nice and fast, season mode are series of exhibition games put together, back to back. Opponents change automatically, and traveling is as easy as clicking "Travel". Opponents slowly get more and more challenging.

Here is the menu when you select Season Mode:

1. Play a fun and wonderful game of baseball. Explained above.
    2. Check up on your team's standings. You can also check every other team.

3. Check your team's Statistics.
    4. Look at all the games that you have. Check previous games, and future games. You can also see when you will travel!

5. In commands, it is another Options menu. You can edit base stealing, etc.

6. Options. It is identical to the In-Game settings options.
    7. A List of today's games.

Options:

In the options menu, it has all the options as above. In-Game Settings, Environment Options, Commands, etc.

Help:
    Here, it has it all. Everything from you need to play. It limited instructions of how to play the game. It is recommended that you look through this before jumping into a game.

Touch Konami

This button launches the Safari Web Browser and takes you to Konami's website.

That concludes the menu, gameplay, and instructions of the game.

Still not sure about gameplay? Check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ok7HAO73vc

The music in the game are upbeat and crisp. Commentators are exactly what you expect from these kinds of games. Detailed, and full of expression. Its fun to hear the announcer freak out over a double, or a quick out. However, the commentator sounds are extremely repetitive. Once you heard all of them, it starts to lose its charm and get annoying.

For what You're paying, this game has everything. Surprisingly, this is the baseball sim That I am going to keep. Unlike 9Innings or Baseball Superstars, the replay value of this game keeps getting better and better. It is a challenge trying to full complete season mode. Once you're done, you would want to play it again!

The GUI is completely straight-forward. The buttons lead you exactly where it says and they're big and clear. The standings scroll to the side and you can review everything. Graphics are amazing for this kind of game. The graphics are what you would compare it with Real Racing, and other high quality games. The characters are cartoony, and smooth. If you know how Sims characters are, then thats basically it; except a little bit shorter and fatter. The number of options you can toggle are just mind-blowing. Incredibly flexible with what you want to edit.

Finally, The scores.

If I had that Member Reviewer scoring card, that'll be great. Too bad I'm not ):

Features: 8.0
    GUI Graphics 8.9
    Audio: 7
    Replay Value:9
    Value for Money:8.2

Please note, This is my first review here at iPtF. If there is anything you dislike, anything that is wrong, grammar fails, detail fails, please let me know.

Download Konami's Power Pro Touch Baseball Now! Click Here!
  3. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Nice review, although a bit more text would be nice. I didn't really look at the screenshots, just read the captions. Towards the end you get very nice and in depth.

Congratulations on your first review.

4. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. ipodtouch is dabest

ipodtouch is dabest Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    excellent review i must say

i downloaded it and its my favorite appstore game for now

6. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  7. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Very nice review. It was well in depth. Encouraged me to go get this game. Good Job.
  8. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)