[Review] Jaadu VNC

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by thecooldude, Jun 1, 2009.

1. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [Review] Jaadu VNC (Version 3.0!)

Hello I am thecooldude and I will be reviewing an app by "Jugaari", who is the creator of Touchpad Pro in the 1.x firmwares.

Introduction: Jaadu gives you full control of your computer's mouse and keyboard while providing a rich visual display of your computer screen on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Jaadu connects to any device running a VNC server and is currently the only VNC client for iPhone that allows you to see all of your displays full-size, with no screen resolution limits.

Jaadu provides:

• A touchpad interface for mouse control and screen navigation
    • Remote and Modifier menus for access to arrow, function and special keys, as well as shortcuts to common actions
    • Easy setup instructions (Not so easy though)
    • A connection utility that automatically configures router and network settings
    • Support for Mac, Windows, Linux, and AMX Touchscreen Interfaces
    • Support for ultra-high resolutions. They've successfully tested on two Apple 30-inch Cinema displays with a combined resolution of 5120 x 1600!
    From JaaduVNC.com​

Its like a computer in your pocket, that you can access anywhere anytime.

Quick Facts:
    Category: Productivity
    Released: March 10, 2009
    Author: Jahanzeb Sherwani (Jugaari)
    Current Version: 2.0.1
    Price: $24.99
    Package Size: 1.5 MB

Setting up Jaadu VNC: Setting up Jaadu VNC is what I would say pretty good, but not the best. As it works easily on mac computers but can have some problems on windows computers. It also has some issues you might have to work out with your router to make Jaadu VNC Connect work which I will all explain next.

On Mac OS X Leopard to set up the actually VNC server, all you have to do is go to your settings, and then screen sharing. Just click the box called screen sharing. Your done.

On Windows to set up the actually VNC server, you have to download and install either ultra VNC or tight VNC (Ultra VNC recommended). Its sorta annoying its kinda complicated but I dont want to go into it.

As said in the product description on the appstore and by me, its a computer in your pocket, anywhere. You can only use it on your own wireless network, unless you download a free utility from Jugaari called "Jaadu VNC Connect". All you do is open it on your computer and let it do some commands and your done! Now to the problems. Your router might not have the right DMZ. Basically its your domain IP address. You need to set it to 192.0.1.100. That happened to me so I contacted the Jaadu VNC support (In some cases they might not reply, I got lucky). They said to go to your routers default page which is your routers IP address. Mine was 10.0.1.1. So you go to the url in firefox or safari, and it asks you for a username in a password. Well it turns out that your router has a default username and password, so I had to look up default username and passwords on google. After guessing a couple from what the website told me I got lucky and found mine (As there was a whole list of over 100 usernames and passwords). Mine was this: Usr: [NONE] Passwrd: Admin. Well once I got in I followed his instructions to get to the right page and changed it... and it worked. Well thats cool but doing so much work just to get here, not so cool. But if you don't have these problems with your router than your good, but some people have this problem.

If you need help to set up just go to http://jaaduvnc.com/support/

Setting up Jaadu VNC grade: 5/10 - Needs some work, maybe a default DMZ configurer.

How well the app works: After setting up either a sh*tload of stuff or a quick easy setup, the app works almost flawless. Its fluent, you can control it nicely with ease. Its great. Here is some quick tips on how to control the screen:
    • Drag your finger across your screen to move your view of the computer
    • As you move your finger across you will also see the mouse move to which is a huge advantage.
    • Tap anywhere on the screen (With one finger) to left click
    • Tap anywhere on the screen (With two fingers) to right click
    • Double tap and hold anywhere on the screen (With one finger) to drag pages.

Nice and easy use

How well the app works grade: 10/10 - honestly excellent

Pictures:

Please Register or Log in to view images

New layout (3.0)

New layout (3.0)

New layout (3.0)

Logging on to my home computer VNC server

Viewing iPTF

New part of update: Fullscreen - On google with it

Viewing my profile here at iPTF​

Pros and Cons:
    Pros:
    • Works fluently
    • Supports high resolution screens
    • You have your computer in your pocket (including viewing the screen and typing on the keyboard)
    • Multi system compatible
    Cons:
    • Horrible customer support, and Jaadu VNC Connect setup.
    • Might have a lag when used.
    • Needs knew features such as audio/video streaming

Well thats what it is in a nutshell. Just letting you know why I made the following grade is because of its outstanding swiftness. Making this application a grade of 8.5/10.

Hope you like my review

I also hope you notice that the app has been updated for the 3.0 update

Attached Files:

2. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is a great app that works wonderfully. Way too expensive though. I'd buy it if it were about $10.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can you play video on your computer and watch it on your iPod touch? I'd buy it for this functionality.
  4. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It does but the video skips on your ipod and you can't here the sound.
  5. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unfortunately you cant basically what joe bradly said. You can I think have video streaming, but I do know that you can have audio streaming with the app called RemoteTap another VNC app on the appstore. I bought that too, as you can see I am a big VNC fan, I might do a review on that too.

6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I use Jaadu VNC. It took a while to set up, but now I can control my computer in Michigan from Costa Rica. Crazy! When I'm on the road and forget a file, it's emailed to myself in minutes, or uploaded to Soonr to print from my iPhone (Soonr is free on the App Store). So this app has been a lifesaver. I bought this when it came out, and I haven't needed any other VNC client.

7. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know, but I don't have an iPhone so I cant download anywhere unless I have wifi (anywhere) I have to get that verizon portable wifi station

8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, I'm lucky to have an iPhone. I traded my iPod touch for it.

Anyway, the Verizon thing looks really cool.
  9. Dozer4ever

Dozer4ever New Member

I have error then i start Jaadu VNC connect: "JaaduVNCConnect has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." How can i fix this?
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmmm... you could reinstall the application, or contact the developers with the support email address.