[Review] iPhone Reflective Screen

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by HaGGardSmurf, Oct 21, 2008.

1. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

I bought a reflective screen protector from ebay. A friend of mine bought one for his iPhone and showed it to me and I nearly fainted it was so cool.

If you would like to see the auctions, click here:
    http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=iphone reflective&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I bought the one where it is like an iPhone and there is the screen guard being applied. It is like 3 bucks and is from hong kong. First here are the pics I took to show you guys.

Pic 1)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Pic 2)

Pic 3)

As you can see in those 3 pictures, it reflects quite well, and when the backlight is off it truly does look like a mirror. Once the backlight is turned on, you can see through it. 1 Problem is that if your on a bad angle, it will reflect somewhat and be harder to see through. Also, you can kind of see a rainbow of colors if you look closely through the case. Personally both of these things do not bother me. Now for the down side:

Pic 4)

Pic 5)

In pic 4, you can see the case doesnt fit the iPod, it is about 2mm (milimitre's) long, and about 4mm too skinny (2 on each side) 1 Other thing I dont love about this, is (pic 5) there isnt a cut out circle for the home button, instead it has the bottom of the circle missing.

Summary:
    This is a screen protector, and it is made for the iPhone but as far as I understand the iPhone and iPod are the same size? I can see the iPhone being like 2mm taller (because of the speaker part you put your ear to while on the phone) but not 4mm (approx) thinner. Anyways, the downside is it does not fit 100% correctly. The upside, is it looks great, protects the screen, reflects images, and the back is 'sticky' so it will stay on your iPod. It is easy to apply and/or reapply (it leaves nothing behind if you take it off, like no glue etc...). If you use a case, this will be perfect for you, because most cases cover the area this screen protector doesnt. So you will see no edges of your iPod etc (the griffin reflective case would probably go well with this).

My rating:
    (for people who just want to use it as a screen protector and have no case)
    7/10
    (For people with a case)
    10/10

1 more thing. I cant tell you if this is related to the case or not, but I applied the guard today, and I noticed my pocket was warmer then normal, and checked my iPod and it was warm as if I had been browsing the internet or playing games. My battery life was at like 23% and I am pretty sure it was 100% 3.5 hours prior at my house. I wasnt playing games or anything, I was only listening to music, and it was locked in my pocket. I then rebooted, and it took longer then I have ever seen to boot, I thought it was bricked. It then started up and said I had like 7% battery left. It then rose to like 33 or 40. It lasted me all day and I am charging it now, but usually when I get home I am at like 50%+. I dont think this case could possibly drain my battery, it doesnt make sense, but this is the first time this has ever happened to me. This iPod is was also replaced like 2 weeks ago. So its still pretty much new.
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Very interesting product, but I wouldn't get it. It would bug me too much to look at my ugly mug every time I turn on my iPod XD
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Nice Desktop Background.

I was going to get this reflective protector for my 2G iPod... but I thought that the screen wouldn't shine through very well and the mirror would get scratched. :\

Besides... every screen protector i've had for my 2G iPod hasn't fit properly... so I'll probably go ahead and try one of these Anti Glare things from Apple now (even if they feel "weird")

Nice review though - Thank you for the pics. Get back to us on the scratching and w/e :\
  4. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Its scratch proof. I was getting the air bubbles out with my house keys. I hardly ever see my own face when turing it on. I am almost never looking completels straight at it. The only time I look completely straight at it is when I am browsing my songs or w.e and the backlight is on. The screen shines though very very well I was suprised. The only time it doesnt is if your looking at it on like a 45 (or less) degree angle.
  5. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    my ipod sometimes does that. Defected batch? lol
  6. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dude that looks so cool!!!

but i would buy one for the ipod, not iphone

7. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Its been a few days with the case and no battery issues, so it must have been something with the ipod. I dont believe theyre being sold for the ipod. All the ones I found (cheap) were for the iPhone.
  8. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have a question. Would i be able to apply one of these ontop of my invisible shield. I dont want to take it off because then i would have to buy another one once i got sick of the mirrored effect.