[Review] Invisible Shield for iPod Touch 2g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lilaz_boi, Jan 9, 2009.

1. lilaz_boi

lilaz_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-DLAjerEag

I did a video review/installation/unboxing about the invisible shield from zagg

i heard a lot of amazing stuff about it and some bad stuff so i decided to test it out

the unboxing is at begining of video installation starts at 1:30

and review is at the end near 6:40

subscribe if you like the vid =]
  2. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lol your funny, couldn't even open the packaging, but good video mate and good review. Will subscribe.
  3. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes it's a bit funny lol. Nice vid
  4. max rebo

max rebo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good review. I need to do mine soon and thought I might get away with a cheaper alternative. But now I will do the right thing and get it covered with Invisible Shield.
    When I bought the product for my 1st gen Nano it was in a little packet not much bigger than the product and came with two sets. It did seem expensive for what it was but it really is the best protection. Your review certainly covered all the facts. It is cool the way the shield does not show fingerprints.
    What I did find revealing in your review is that your shield does not cover all of the Touch ie; the edges. My Nano is completely covered except for the ports and lock switch. It seems Zagg have stopped short of full coverage. Is it the same for the 1st gen Touch?
    Still good review. Thanks.
  5. lilaz_boi

lilaz_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From my experience it's exactly the same except the new invisible shields include one really tall bottle of spray while the old one had a short fat one. The corners are not fully covered and they tend to come off because dust gets under it and it is very hard to line up the corner.
    also the packaging seemed like it was made out of duck tape and that was why it was so hard to open >.>
  6. Iceman515

Iceman515 New Member

you have to remember i think the nano zagg just made it wrap all the way around which is practical for the nano but the ipod touch is a bit of a different shape... the shield is pretty good... it's best to install it in a dust free room most likely lol... a way to do this is take a shower and when it's all steamy put the shield on in the bathroom since the water will pull all the dust down.
  7. CraigSmith15

CraigSmith15 New Member

Can get these half price YeY!
  8. Gema

Gema New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got mine Invisible Shield for iTouch 2gen.

To put the front "shield", it was really easy, since it's flat... the problem began when I tried to put the back shield.

I had to put and remove many times to adjust the right position, because it has to fit in so many places (dock conector, headphones, volume button, power button and also the sides), so it was really hard. When I finally tought it was done, I removed all the water from the flat surface and just let the sides to dry by themselves (like said in the instructions in the box)...

After 20 min, I decided to finish the sides, when I discovered the it was a little bit off side, and one of the corners finished out of bounds. What i did? Well, there was no way to remove the whole shield without damaging it, so I just decided to cut the "excess" and so I did. Of course I didn't look good, but I was so pissed, that I decided to do this, otherwise I would have to remove it all and buy another one, and I really didn't want to do that.

Overall, the shield looks fine if you don't go on details.

Until now (2 weeks of use), there's no scratch at all.
  9. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

10. jakas

jakas New Member

I saw your Ipod touch coming ON during installation. Highly recommended to turn it OFF by holding the power switch for 5 seconds and completely shut it down before you install the shield.