[REVIEW] iGotchi

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Appstore 2.0, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Firstly, keep your eyes open for screenshots because i cba uploading any atm.

Okay, when i bought this game i was thinking 1.19 for a temagotchi is pretty cheap, but then i opened the game, it gives you a short tutorial and then you get to play about/feed him or her.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The graphics don't look as good as they do in the picture even though the movements on the hair is absolutely amazing (when he jumps up and down his strands of hair do in the same way).

Your temagotchi or iGotchi as they'd like me to call it can come in three colours, but once you pick a name for it you cannot change its name again.

As a temagotchi simulator it is somewhat lacking as it's fairly easy to keep him alive, all you have to do is tap the food or water icon, if he wants to play you stroke his stomach - which is very annoying because he does the same noise every time you touch him, although at first its a novelty it does become wary.

The thing that makes this game worth the money (£1.19) is that it does have other things along side him in the "care centre" , you can find out your love with him and if he loves you, also it gives you a personality of your Gotchi.

Overall, i rate this application 2.6/5 the price is good and the app is good in terms of graphical ability (even if it does have pixelated legs) the game is very shallow and becomes very boring, very quickly. Its good just to have a Gotchi on your iPod because as far as i know it can die.
  2. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it CAN and it WILL die!! lol xD
  3. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

4. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

What does this app do?
  5. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Uhh, maybe read the review lol? Basically its a pet... You gotta feed it and give it drinks and play with it and it grows up and stuff.
  6. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

i did't feel like reading all that but how much is it ?
  7. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Ugh, £1.19 (find out your own currency with google).
  8. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    silly question but dont these things have eyes?
  9. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Nope, and there isn't really any customisation abilities, i at least hoped to put a hat on its head. Hopefully an update will include customisation and EYES haha.

10. PircZ

PircZ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I aslo have the game and hope that there will be an update, I want to feed my pet when I want to, I could only tap buttons today morning, never before.