[Review] ifrogz dj style headphones [$50]

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by bryster126, Nov 1, 2009.

1. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey guys, im gonna review the ifrogz dj style headphones. let's dive right in
    Sound
    i have to be honest, i like the sound of these headhpones. they're better than the ifrogz nervepipes by far. the bass on these sound like you're right next to the source of music. really for this section i don't have a lot of complaints. the only one i do have though is that you may be able to get better sound for the same price headphones.

comfort/fit
    i like the way these feel. as with the nervepipe headphones the cushions really feel great. the place your head rests is made out of a woven style cloth which i like also. the headphones cover your whole ear which im really happy that ifrogz did because in my nerverpipes reviews i was kind of sad when i saw they weren't as big as i thought.

Please Register or Log in to view images

style/look

i love all of ifrogz's products because they have a customizable feature to them. these headphones unfortunately do not have the same customizable stuff that some of the others have. but they offset this by providing 5 styles that look pretty nice. i have the union style which is a really nice white/blue/red theme. these headphones have a design inside the speakers which are cool and thick which is also nice. what i really like though is the style of the font of the earpollution name on the top. it really pops

fine details, durability, price, etc.

first off im going to start with saying that these headphones are really well built. the first day i got them they felt very clunky, i really don't know how to explain it but they just did. after a couple of days the moved easier and felt better. so they take a little bit of breaking into, just like new shoes. the durability is really nice also because these are in fact dj style headphones so they have to be durable. the cord is also nice because it has a nice fat jack so you won't really have any problems with breaking anything. on the side where you adjust the length of the ear pieces there are numbers that show how far you slid it down. the price of this is $50 and that's basically telling the customer that these are top of the line headphones. they're not for audiophiles but more for people that wanna look really cool. and these do look cool. i think that $50 is a nice price for these, they're not a rip-off.

Would i recommend these?

it depends who you are. if you want a cheap pair of flimsy headphones these are obviously too much for you. these headphones are really nice quality and will more than likely survive all the torture that you'll put it through

. so my final decision is......... buy them, they're nice to have and sound nice and are all around nice.​
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nice review!

I lol'd at this
  3. bryster126

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why? lolzz, and thx

4. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Headphones have gone to $10,000 and beyond. Nice review though, I like it except, you might want to fix the spelling and grammar if you want to make the review seem more professional. One more thing: I saw you mentioned the iFrogz Nervepipes. Have you written a review for them? Link?
  5. bryster126

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I had reviewed the nervepipes recently but an admin took it down because of his personal beliefs and thoughts and views on those headphones. I will have to have a talk with that admin. But I still have the pictures of the nervepipes in my comp. And online. If you wanna see them, let me know

6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Top of the line? How does $50 mean they're top of the line?
  7. bryster126

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    in my mind i draw a line between consumer headphones and "audiophile" headphones. when i say top of the line i mean for the mass market. sure there are some $100 and $75 but i would also consider those "top of the line". lolz, maybe my wording was off
  8. kramer733

kramer733 New Member

... >_> top of line is like ultrasone 9
  9. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Orpheus
    Qualia 010
  10. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The iFrogz cans are a bit... chromey. I can imagine what they'll look like in a couple months time, an unprotected iPod Touch back.