[Review] iDodge - space ninja

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by eldavo, Jun 12, 2009.

1. eldavo

eldavo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    iDodge - space ninja
    Price : $2.99
    Category : Games
    Released : 19 April 2009
    Version : 2.0.0.9
    Developer : Jormy PTY LTD
    iTunes Link : http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301040521&mt=8

Please Register or Log in to view images

Overview
    I found this application when I was browsin' around, looking for apps. It was 99c at the time so I bought it. When I played it, I was immediately impressed. The game is very solid and fun. It also has multi-player, but only local and sort of hard to play.

Main Menu
    When you open the menu after loading, it looks very stylish. It has a scrolling background, and it's very nice. It looks like falling stars. The buttons are transparent but are very easy to read. It has multi-player, help and more available in one touch.

Help Menu
    The help menu is really easy to use, and is very helpful. This also contains heaps of memes and jokes in it.

Main Game Play
    The main game play is very, very fun. It uses accelerometer controls, so you can't play in bed very well. You are a ship, and you are dodging all the bullets from the towers. Think of it like anti-free runners, but you can go over the towers. Now. If you touch the screen, you go into bullet time, and it slows down. This is a great feature because I suck at this game, and it really helps at later levels. You also get power ups which do multiple things, such as deflect bullets, slow down time if you are close to a bullet, etc. I love the gameplay, it is great.

Ski Mode

There is also ski mode, but unlike normal mode, you are going down, you can destroy towers and you have a awesome shadow ninja effect.

Multi-player

Multi-player is ok, though the developer could fix this. This is the only mode which is touch based, but no slow down. It gets a bit cramped, but thats ok. It is only local which is not that great.

Final thoughts and ratings

This is a great game. It has great game play, graphics, playability (123 levels, 16 challenges and 46 ski levels!)
    The developer could add options menu through the main screen, not just in game.

FINAL RATING

Graphics 4/5
    Sound 3/5
    Gameplay 5/5
    Playability 5/5

This game is rated Overall 4 Smiley's by eldavo.

I hope you enjoyed my review. Thanks.

Note : My status bar is missing in the first screenshot because I bugged my iPod when I was launching it, I pressed it and home, and somehow was missing it. I am not jailbroken, so I don't know how to do this again.

Attached Files:

2. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Good job on the review, I liked how you added some of your own personal thoughts about the game. I noticed a few spelling errors, and maybe even some parts that didn't make much sense. Other than that, I think you did a really good job on the review.

Errors

• [*]You spelled game as gasme.

Errors
    • Main should be spelled in lower case.
    • "It is using acceloremeter controls" doesn't make sense, it should be "It uses accelerometer controls".
    • You spelled accelerometer as acceloremeter.
    • You used a full stop instead of a comma.
    • You spelled power ups as powerups.

Errors
    • You spelled awesome as awsome.
  3. eldavo

eldavo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks. I corrected these mistakes, I was in a rush to do it as I had to go out somewhere, lol.
  4. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ahhh... you're a really helpful guy, taking your time to make up a reply like that.

5. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It seems like you fixed all the errors, good work. I hope to see more reviews coming from you.