[REVIEW]Hero of Sparta

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Spyke123, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just got Hero of Sparta a few days ago and would like to do my first review! I hope this helps others decide wether to buy or not to buy!

Graphics10/10
    The graphics are amazing so ss usual the game is made by Gameloft. The way everything is made and how everything looks in 3-D, reminds me of the 5 days I played WoW(World of Warcraft). The plot to it also reminds me of World of Warcraft. Even the characters do!

Plot9/10
    You are a Spartan Warrior. You had to leave your home to help fight evil. These are undead creatures and some myths. You will get centaurs and then you get undead skeletons and more. Some flying blood elf type of thing is helping you too. She lets you know when something bad might happen and she lets you know about new weapons, armor and more!

Weapons 9/10
    The weapons are all very good. They all do a pretty good amount of damage. Especially the bow doing a kill in one easy hit. The axe might have too much power though since you want to use this weapon the most. It kills enemies a lot faster then other weapons. Some weapons require some blue magic(energy). This goes up over time and down when using certain weapons or Focus Kill buttons.

Controls8/10
    UNLIKE other games this does NOT involve tilt controls! This is nice for a change! You only use one thing though. Thats touch controls. But you can use touch controls for a wide variety of things. Killing monsters faster, killing, shielding, destroying and more! To move around you do the same type of thing with the little circle to slide your finger around with. JUST like brothers in arms. ONE problem though is that you cant rotate around the screen. The ipod does it for you depending where you are and such. This is kind of bad because sometimes in tunnels or furry tree paths, you dont rotate and have trouble seeing what your fighting and whats going on!

Creatures9/10
    You get 2 different bosses. Maybe 3. You fight the last one twice. The first boss is some type of Cyclopes. He is pretty tricky the first couple of times. especially with weak weapons at start point. The second is a 3 headed dog (like harry potter)He is almost easier then the first to kill because you have better weapons. the hardest is the last one. He is super tall and has special glowing weapons and has many other enemies attacking at the same time. All other creatures (although including bosses) are world of warcraft looking.

OVERAL: 9/10.
    Why?
    :controls(rotation)
    :I beat the game in an hour! too short! Usually these kind take me days and days. Possibly weeks. They need more levels!

So how did I do? Did this help anyone?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice review...I might get it
  3. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Add pictures ( even though I have this.)

Its not as fun as it looks, I say its only worth 5$ for it. 10$ is to step, which is why I regret getting it, lol.
  4. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Same here. They really need to lower the price. I will add pictures. My camera is bad and so i might have to google or something

5. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Camera?

Just take screen shots on your iPod and upload them. Press the home button and then the sleep/wake button and it'll snap a photo. Then you can put the photo on your PC/Mac and upload it to say http://imageshack.us/
  6. Shawnov

Shawnov New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great Review, I might get the game but only when the price goes down because I don't like expensive games that are short.

7. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

I do that, then I use the email option to send the photos from iPod touch to my gmail account.
  8. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My iPod isn't jailbroken.
  9. pooplie

pooplie Banned

you gotta be kidding me.... hold the sleep button and home button at the same time to take a screenshot.
  10. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    De I'm sorry I'm new to this! That's so cool!