[Review] Hero of Sparta

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Technoa, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Technoa

Technoa New Member

Hero of Sparta

Please Register or Log in to view images

iTunes Description:
    You are King Argos, Spartan hero who’s unafraid of defying the gods themselves. Take up the maddest challenge in this colossal full-3D odyssey!

Let this epic action game take you from the depths of the Underworld to the summit of Olympus: be prepared for hours of gaming and visual enjoyment.

Plunge into the heart of action:
    - iPhone-specific controls: move your hero with the virtual analogue stick and unleash his power by performing touch screen combos.
    - Total 360° experience: move and fight freely in 3D through the 8 levels and their majestic environments.
    - Face legions of enemies and the most phenomenal mythical creatures: Cerberus, the Cyclops and other foes worthy of your strength!
    - 5 weapons to upgrade and fabulous items to collect. Draw your faithful sword, axe, bow, or twin blades!

It's your chance to write your own legend... if you can survive this mythic adventure.

Recommended for fans of action and hack 'n slash games like Kroll, Star Wars, and God of War.
    To ensure optimal functioning of your game, please make sure to reset your iPhone or iPod touch (hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10-15 seconds) after installing this game. Once your iPhone or your iPod touch has restarted, you can run the game normally.

Review:
    Hero of Sparta is a great game with nice graphics and effects. It's 3D environment was nicely created and went well with the game. The controls are like Kroll, however this one is a bit better in my opinion. There are a lot of different monsters you can fight and a lot of boss battles. You can collect life crystals and energy crystals which increase your life and energy. There are also a variety of weapons you can get throughout the game which you can upgrade with a simple upgrading system. The sounds are quite nice and the background music suits the game. There is also a lot of cut scenes in this game which tells the story or introduces a boss. However, there is also a lot of unnecessary ones too. One bad thing is that at certain places it gets a bit laggy and skips some frames. Overall this game is quite good despite the lag. The price i would say is a bit too much. Maybe if it was $5 - $8 it would be more worth it but this game is still worth the money. If you are a fan of games like Diablo II, Titan Quest, God of War or Kroll i would highly recommend this game to you.

Ratings:
    Gameplay - 8/10
    Graphics - 10/10
    Sounds - 8.5/10
    Price - 5/10
    Overall - 8/10

In-game Footage:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-pr-ZUZGCJQ

Screenshots:

2. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This game is more like what I expected Kroll to be like. Kroll didn't have a storyline which disappointed me. From the 15 minutes I played, I had fun. It reminded me a lot of GoW with the camera angles. It lacks a jump button though. I lost those 15 minutes that I played when I jumped off a ledge and got stuck in a bush. I couldn't get out.
  3. bluecoder

bluecoder New Member

Great game. gives the ipod touch a better reputation as a gaming device
  4. fattoto25

fattoto25 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    i hate this game,... waste of 10 dollars!!!
    3/10
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    This Game isn't that bad as you get deeper into the StoryLine.
    1. HoS
    2. Kroll
  6. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Why? D: Just saying that you hate it isn't going to make anyone not buy it.
  7. fattoto25

fattoto25 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    ya probably... just expressing my opinion of the game!
  8. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great review! This is definitely one of the best adventure/action games on the iPhone!
  9. Technoa

Technoa New Member

Thanks!
  10. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The graphics still look crispy