[Review] Heavy Mach

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Dr. Rambo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I'm fairly new, but I'll give it a shot.

Heavy Mach

Please Register or Log in to view images

(iTunes link in image)​

This is a game I got a long time ago, but it still works for a good game whenever I need it.

Controls:
    You can control your tank by tilting your iDevice left or right to move in that respective direction. You can jump by tapping a lever, and shoot by tapping at the target on the screen. These relatively simple controls allow for an easy to use game that anyone can jump right in to.

The control setup (sorry, its a bit messy)​

Combat:
    You can destroy enemies with the various weapons you get throughout the game. Certain enemies will drop boxes containing Power Ups (like extra jumping power and faster speed) or new weapons (like airstrikes and lasers). You can even move back (to a certain point) and forth through the environment to kill enemies you missed!

Heavy Mach's leveling system​

Bosses:
    At the last stage of each mission, you fight a unique boss. These bosses often use new weapons, or more powerful forms of weapons you have already seen. These bosses can often be found in later stages as mini-bosses, or even (eventually) as standard enemies!

One of Heavy Mach's bosses​

The Good and the Bad

Pros

This game has an amazing set of graphics. They are implemented very well with the iDevice's screen, and come together seamlessly. There is also an extensive upgrade system and many weapons you can use. The controls are very intuitive and (if I haven't said it enough), very easy for the newest of users.

Cons

The game, after sustained play-time, can become boring. That's... about it.

Ratings:
    Price: For $0.99, this app is a great buy. 10/10.

Graphics: This app has a very unique UI, from the player sprites to the splash screens. That being said, the graphics of the levels can often be repetitive, even boring at times. I give it a 7/10.

Controls: The controls are easy to learn, even for the newest of users. They make it very easy to handle multiple enemies, even when bosses are on the screen. 8/10.

Replay Value: This game can last quite awhile, but even when you finish, it can be fun to play again and again. But like I said, repetitive at times, so 8/10.

Overall: A great game, very cheap, easy for most people to use. I give it an 8.5/10

Attached Files:

2. TDG

TDG Active Member

Pretty good for your first review. A little short though. Try going farther into the pros and cons of the game more. Oh, and pictures too.

3. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'll edit and add more tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback!
  4. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is one of the more enjoyable shooters on the App Store.
  5. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Pictures are a healthy bonus, but nevertheless, great review for your first! I disagree with the graphic UI though. The graphics are fantastic for a $0.99 app. But whatever, people have opinions =]
  6. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree, I meant the game itself, after a long time of playing, can start to feel redundant. This is fixed by the many levels, and the fact that they add more every so often.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Review has been updated!