[REVIEW] Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShizerMonkey, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Bubbles on the Outside, Rubber on the Inside

Neither hard, nor made from candy, or even a sleeve, the Hard Candy bubble sleeve for iPad is an absurdly durable, zip closing case that looks like something a Dalek might carry around their iPad in.

The bubble sleeve boasts a trifecta of overkill protection for your iPad, starting with the bubbled outer casing that is covered with, well, bubbles. 15 bubbles are arranged evenly on the surface of the case, each protruding almost a centimetre and pretty much guaranteeing the early absorption of any blunt shock.

Next there’s a minimal layer of padding, which is more than enough in the face of the tough exterior and soft interior of the Bubble Sleeve. Finally, for the screen there’s a grid array of square bubbles which are soft to the touch and pretty much certain to stop any force translating to the centre of your iPad screen. Despite, however, the iPad glass running to the edge of its frame, the bubbles inside the Bubble Sleeve do not, so there’s a fraction less protection around those edges, but not enough to compromise the Bubble Sleeves overall integrity.

It comes in various colours ranging from Black/Orange, Pink/Black and Lemon/Black !

Overall the only reason I bought the case is that Im Planning a getaway in a few months time and needed protection for my precious Ipad, it's Tough and stylish everything you could ask for !.. 5/5 stars !

Features
    - Sleek, moulded exterior that's still soft to the touch
    - Shock absorbing rubber bumpers to stabilise and protect your iPad
    - EVA-molded, rigid case provides more secure protection than a neoprene sleeve
    - Zippered case allows use of your iPad in or out of its sleeve

Prices
    - UK - £44 Inc VAT
    - US - $49.50

http://www.hardcandycases.com/ipad-bubblesleeve.html

Please Register or Log in to view images

Shizermonkey.
  2. borgqueen

borgqueen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LOL! You call the Otterbox Commuter Case ugly. Beauty really is in the EYE of the beholder! It looks like it will be adequate in protection.
  3. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    The Otterbox Is completely different to this sleeve !.. the Otterbox is a Bulky, Ugly looking case, but this is a protective sleeve which is made to be Bulky ! You could throw this case threw an airport scanner and have no damage towards your iPad !...

Plus I'd choose this Sleeve over the Otterbox anyday !
  4. borgqueen

borgqueen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol! That's still an Ugly Sleeve.
  5. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    The otterbox is still an ugly case ! You know what's the great thing about a sleeve you can take your iPad out of it, but you can't with a case ! I use my switcheasy nude with this sleeve and it's brilliant, Protection plus beauty !
  6. scottz

scottz New Member

Gotta agrreee.
  7. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    You've gotta see it up close !.