[Review] Griffin Wave Case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by nclaxmiddy11, May 11, 2010.

1. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Today I will be reviewing Griffin's Wave Case 2-Pack for the iPod Touch 2nd/3rd generation.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It is $24.99 USD and you can find it at http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/wave-for-ipod

The Griffin Wave case is a case with two polycarbonate pieces that interlock together to form a hard case. It includes two screen protectors and cleaning cloth.

POSITIVES:

The case has a great lip the comes over the top of the iPod so you can place it face down on a table, and the table won't scratch the screen. It has all ports (sleep button, volume rockers etc...) open and easy to access. The bottom of case slides off quickly for use with Universal Docks. You can mix and match the top and bottom pieces to make your on unique case. Like Griffin's "Clouds Within The Thunder" case the back has a great matte feeling to it. It also does not add very much bulk to your iPod as it is made of a slim polycarbonate material that is very form fitting.

NEGATIVES:

The one negative I have found is that different types of headphones might not fit into the jack when the bottom piece of the case is on. This is due to the added protection they included between the dock and the headphone jack.

Summary:

The Griffin Wave Case is a very elegant hard case. It offers great protection for all occasions. $24.99 is a great price for two cases, two screen shields, and a cleaning cloth.

Overall:

10/10
    Highly Recommended (YOU NEED THIS CASE)
  2. fhk_kz5

fhk_kz5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Why there are no such cases available in india? I wanted this type of case but buying online will cost me double the price.
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have this case. It is very nice.
  4. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had this case and I thought it was poor at best. While sliding it on, there is no protection at all (such as iFrogz foam or Incase rubber rails on the slider case), so the back of your iPod gets scratched. Also, every time I wanted to plug my headphones in I would have to take the bottom half off because they didn't fit. After just 1 month of using the case, the matte texture on the back started to wear off, showing that it was very cheaply made. It also was reasonably thick, which I did not like. Not to mention, the screen protectors that came with it were really bad.
  5. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

ya that case also scratch my ipod touch 2g so i contacted griffin and they told me they sorry but plastic shouldn't scratch metal lol.

but than i told them i send them pic of the scratch and the case it self that has the marks inside of it too.

so they got too me again and said they very sorry and they gave me a 50$ coupon and told me pick anything off there site plus a free case of choice.

so i told them i want the griffin clear case and there power mate and they said ok

but anyways after couple weeks i decided too try it again sense it scratch it anyways not bad but likes going on the back.. and before i pop it on i took out that rubber griffin lable thing on back and just put a piece of tape there and it goes on alot easier now instead of tight and so far its been good.

i guess that rubber thing was making it take too go on and off and that made it scratch it.

i do like the case alot sense it feels nice in the hands and too me its thin and seems too protect it pretty much from drops better than the griffin iclear which one time i drop it not even a foot and the case came open.... even tho i still use that case too ... lol
  6. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I remember getting this case... I thought it was awesome at first but like others have mentioned, it scratched my iPod whenever I put the case on or off. The matte rubbery feel also quickly wore off and the pearly white case turned to a browny beige.
  7. Ipodd-Man

Ipodd-Man Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the gray one. One downside is that it leaves a mark on your iPod where it says " Griffin "
    But this case IS overall sexalicious.