[REVIEW] Griffin Elan Form with Easy Dock VS Griffin Wave with Easy Dock

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ParrotBoy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price:
    Both around £10

Looks:
    They both look very nice. Although the black on the Elan Form is a little off putting sometimes. The Wave case makes it look alot like an iPhone which I quite like, Also the waves on the back make it even more stylish. Both cases barely cover the screen, They only go a little over the chrome.

Feel:
    The Wave case feels pretty nice, Very grippy too! It feels like a rubbery plastic so it sticks in your hand, But the downside is it makes the iPod look rather chubby. The Elan Case on the other hand only adds a bit of thickness. The case itself feels like a plastic leather, Not the grippiest of cases but still nice!

Take on/off factor:
    Putting on both cases is very easy. However, removing them is a completely different story. The Elan case forces you to pretty much push the thing off via the sides, which can scratch. The Wave case, You have to wiggle it around, Pulling and tugging until its loose, That said... Its still alot easier to put on/off.

Button access:
    On both, The home button is easily accsessed , so is the sleep button. But on the Elan case makes the volume controls very difficult to reach, So it makes you dig in with your finger which isn’t the easiest thing to do. How ever on the Wave case the button is easily accessed with no fuss at all.
    (SORRY ABOUT THE GOD AWFUL QUALITY)

Overall:
    Both cases do their job. But I would go for the wave case, It feels nice and looks nicer too! One problem with both the cases, Since they are tight/snug around the iPods back it is ESSENTIAL that you clean both the case and the iPod before you put it on. I found that dirt/debris (even small specs) cause scratches by being dragged along.

2. iAsian

iAsian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Damn that Griffin Elan case got owned.
  3. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Nice gesture towards a defenseless case! You showed him!
  4. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ha ha ha, well... I was also pretty angry at the damn thing since it dug some pretty deep scratches into my iPod.
  5. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

nice review.. my sister has the griffin elan form, and its really nice
  6. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks, I wouldn't mind the case if it didn't cause scratches so easily... I'll just wait till SwitchEasy do reasonable shipping costs to england... (I could have paid Just £2 if I didn't live in england, But as I do... I have to pay £17 delivery

)
  7. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the Griffin Elan Form for my iPhone 3G, and I am really happy with it. It's a bit bulky but it's hard and it improves the grip a lot. I recommend it to everyone who looks for a hard leather case.
  8. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind it but I do love the case I have now.