[REVIEW] GelaSkin

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lachiee94, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Lachiee94

Lachiee94 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    Fair while ago, 29th September, i purchased a GelaSkin iPod touch 4thGen skin online form their store. As soon as i visited the site, i immediately thought it was cool, and my mind was set on getting one. I received it in the mail today and i shall post some pictures and review what i can.
    Cheers for your read in advance.

Packaging
    Within the small, sealed, white carboard slip, i found a neat little coaster (looks to be a coaster) with a pop out artistically designed circle in the middle. Along with 2 business cards displaying website, facebook and Twitter addresses.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price/Shipping

I personally had a fair bit of trouble with the delivery and shipping of my skin. Not sure if my location in Australia was a factor, seeing as they ship from Canada. I did not receive my skin within the allotted time. I contacted them, and they happily upgraded my shipping to a higher level, so i could track it. I received it this time in 6 days.

I purchased the skin online for US$14.95. Shipping can cost anywhere from 2.95 (Canada post) to 14.95 (UPS Expedited). They do ship to anywhere in the world, of course all it takes is time.

Designs

The website houses HUNDREDS of designs available for your iPod Touch 4G (You can also get skins for laptops, phones, tablets, e-readers, other MP3 players and a huge selection of iPods). I chose the Ink Pond design by Nanami Cowdroy. The detail in the design is pristine. No loss of detail in the artwork itself, and no blurry bits.

Instructions
    THe instructions within the packaging seem a bit basic and empty. However on the packagin, there is a link to www.gelaskins.com/videos which redirects to their YouTube channel. That seems to clear any troubles you have right up.

First real review, so be easy. New pictures and info will be added as i apply the skin.

Application
    Application, in most cases was easy. GelaSkins boast about the ability to re apply the skin as you see fit, and even take it off completely, stick it back onto the film it came on. I can see only 1 VERY small buckle in the skin on a corner, which can can evidently be seen to be human error. Looks super clean and sleek.

Highly recommend that some people purchase one of these skins! You'll want to show your iPod/iPhone/Laptop/eReader/Nokia off so much more.
  2. fergusoni

fergusoni Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    that is soo cool
    wish i had money

jow much??
  3. Lachiee94

Lachiee94 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Read the shipping subheading.

4. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

I ordered one from my 2g in 2008 (or whenever the 2g came out) and I applied and reapplied it many times. I even cut a camera hole and reapplied it on my 4g. I just ordered the skin because back when I bought it they didn't provide a front piece. I can vouch for the quality of the skins. They are amazing, and also feel great.
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am thinking of getting something like this. But is there any that is clear?
  6. Fishman9809

no but they have screen protectors.
  7. Lachiee94

Lachiee94 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes, they have screen protectors that you can fit on your 4g WITH a GelaSkin on as well. This only covers the screen. Not the whole face of the iPod.
  8. Lachiee94

Lachiee94 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Updated with new pictures!
  9. Fishman9809

the only thing that makes me sad is that they don't have strips to cover the sides of the screen
  10. Lachiee94

Lachiee94 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I;m fairly sure their screen protectors cover the remaining face of the iPod. Screen + frame. I will purchase one of those in the upcoming week.