[REVIEW] Float On Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Rainstar182, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Rainstar182

Rainstar182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

REVIEW

Foreword
    Hello all,
    Its me Rs182. Kinda new here but I just got this theme and I thought... why not? Thank you Clownassassin!

Apps
    5/5

First off, I love, love, loved, these apps. Especially the Pre-Installed apps. The music app I really like because the thought of an amp as your music is really cool. Marshall amps rock out loud. Sorry, I play guitar.
    I get the comedic part of the Cydia app. Its a package! Now who would have thought of that?
    NOT ONLY THAT! But the app store looks like the apple store in New York?

Long story short, I got my first Touch case here.
    And I also like the Maps icon. Its a pin on Jordan!

Mailbox. Nice idea for Mail too!

Background
    4/5

Alright, I like the song Float On, and the orange background really fits the mood of the song. And I like the idea of the dock, but the only thing I don't like is how the dock is part if the background. Otherwise. Is really good.

Internal Notifications
    4/5

I have to say. The popups are really welcoming. I know that they are just different color than the normal one. But I think that since its darker, it complements the orange background. (ftw.)

Overall

I swear, I usually change my theme like... everyday to a new one. But I've had this theme for a couple days now and I play to keep it. Even my friends think its cool! I defiantly recommend it.

Other
    Written by: Rainstar182
    Adapted from: Clownassassin's theme
    Theme: Float On
    Download: Float On.theme

Final Rating
    9.3/10
  2. Octizzle

Octizzle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Woah did i miss something?
    we're reviewing themes now?
    awesome!
  3. Rainstar182

Rainstar182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, why not?
  4. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's been encouraged (but never really caught on) to write theme reviews.

The thought being that if there were more reviews we could make a designated review section and also have designated reviewers. Basically a mirror of the App Store reviews.

Unfortunately, most of the reviewing is done in the theme thread, kinda eliminates the need for its own thread.

Rainstar you've done a good job, well written, please write more in the future. I think you were pretty...i lost the word...easy on this one. In future reviews you should include an originality section, because most of the concepts for Float On were not at all a first (the App Store and Cydia are fairly standard. And all the Apple Stores look more or less like that).
  5. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pretty good, could use some more images.

EDIT: And I think you should change "Apps" to Icons.
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh My God! thanks for writing the review on the theme, it really means a lot to me and my theme

7. apopagasm

apopagasm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the theme's obviously not very well made; the layer styles and shapes mostly

sms icon is a fine example of both of those.. awful shape for the bubble, and it's just one solid color with an outer glow

and on the dictionary, the Aa is just a gradient; and on contacts, the guy has far too much of an inner shadow to make any sense.. it's just generally a lot of old/overused ideas, poorly/average-ly executed for the most part

as for the review, he doesn't describe the icons at all, "their shape, their style, what makes this theme unique, etc" which i think should be the main part of a theme review
  8. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dude stfu ^^ i love this theme, the amp hasnt been done b4 btw and my applestore is in an old sand stone building so....
  9. usnseals17

usnseals17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and that is why it never caught on, it turns into this ^^ people bantering on other reviews, its there opinion.

oh and by the way nice review because of this i went downloaded it i like it but i like my themes simple so ima stick with delnoch but still very good theme

10. apopagasm

apopagasm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^^really, the amp hasn't been done before?

would you like me to go find five amp icons made well before this theme

your apple store is an old sand stone building? what's that got to do with anything.. the OP was talking about the glass one new york i assume, and i was talking about how his icon looks like all the others

his app store icon looks just like all the other ones (if less blue) and is certainly nothing new or unique