[Review] Flight Control

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by daconcerror, Jul 14, 2009.

1. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Category: Games
    Released: 29 April 2009
    Seller: ndWare Pty Ltd
    2009 Firemint
    Version: 1.4 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
    8.7 MB

£0.59
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306220440&mt=8
    ^^
    Buy it now

~~What is Flight Control?~~

Flight Control is a very simple game which takes a few minutes to grasp the controls but a lifetime to master. And I’m serious, it is extremely easy to play but be warned, once you start playing you won’t be able to stop. In the game you are taking the job of a flight controller at a busy airport/Sea base but it is a lot simpler and highly addictive. The game runs extremely smoothly because the graphics and game play don’t take up much memory although the new push notifications occasionally cause it to crash.

~~Game play/menu~~

Ok so when you first open the application you are presented with the menu, from here you have five options:

More...
    Stats
    Airfields
    Play
    And a picture of two people in the top right hand corner for multiplayer

Please Register or Log in to view images

~~More...~~

In this section you have two options in relation to the game:

Tutorial and credits

The tutorial is extremely simple as all the game requires is for you to draw a line from the plane to its colour coded runway it also explains that you can play with a friend making planes fly off your screen and onto someone else’s (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs and iPod Touch 2g only)

~~Stats~~

In stats you can see your:

High Score
    Average Score
    Most recent score
    Most aircraft on screen
    Total aircraft Landed and also the plane which is most likely to crash

There is three different airstrips that you can play and the stats screen will display the current scores for that airstrip, also in this screen you have the option to go to the online scores, allowing you to compare your results to others around the world.

~~AirFields~~

In this settings menu you can pick one of three airstrips to play on:

The first one when you open the game and

All three of these AirFields have the same basic layout, one red airstrip, one yellow airstrip and one helicopter pad but the look of the planes/helicopter is different for each one. The

~~Multiplayer~~

Multiplayer allows you to play the game with a friend, allowing you to pass planes off to each other to try and land them. There is two options, Host a game or Join a game, each has the same functionality but for the host they can close the game when they want or it closes when they leave meaning they can keep playing even if their partner quits.

~~Play~~

This is where you become an air traffic controller, simply drag from the plane to the runway to make the plane follow that course, watch out for collisions though as these will cause a game over. While playing you have the options to speed up time making the planes fly faster, better for if you want a more challenging game, or pause for if you feel like taking a break.

~~Extras~~

In the More... section there will be advertisements for different apps when you open it up and also an option to go to the Firemint store where you can get mugs and stuff.
    If you close the application while in the middle of a game it will save your progress and ask if you want to continue that game when you open up the application again.

~~Graphics~~

As you can see from the screenshots the graphics are not as good as that of Need for Speed Undercover but not as bad as Black Shades so it is fairly average but to have any better graphics it would slow the game down and it is due to the simply graphics that make this game playable over and over again.

~~Audio~~

There is sounds in the game but it is a very monotonous track which bores the hell out of you after fifteen minutes of playing, however upon opening the game it asks if you want to have the game sounds on or if you want to listen to your own music.

~~ease to play~~

Do you know how to match red to red? Yellow to Yellow? Blue to Blue? If yes then you can play this game, I mean it really is that simple there isn’t any thinking to be done (apart from the obvious need to dodge other planes) I think a monkey could play this game it’s that simple.

~~Could be added?~~

I think they should definitely add some kind of achievement system or social network thing like pocket god or Rolando 2 has but apart from that it is pretty good

~~Overall~~

This game is one of the few that I have kept on my Springboard since I first got it, it is extremely addictive and possibly even too simple. The ratings?

Graphics: 6.0
    Audio: 3.0 (yes its really that bad)
    Gameplay: 8.0
    Controls: 10.0
    Replay Value: 10.0
    Value for Money: 9.0

Overall: 7.5

I felt that although this game is highly addictive after playing it for long periods of time it becomes repetitive and when you reach a certain point when playing it becomes impossible and makes it very frustrating but I really enjoyed this game and have had no regrets in buying it

Attached Files:

2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Pretty good review. Maybe um... turn the pictures so I don't have to strain my neck again

3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great game, though I prefer Harbor Master myself.

Nice review but could definitely do with some screenshots and better layout/presentation.
  4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i'm sorry about the pictures i didnt think about that until after, im starting another review at the moment so i'll take your points into consideration

5. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha, still a good review; Thanks

!
    I have flightcontrol too, it ROCKS!!
  6. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice game & a great review! A very conversational tone maintained throughout!
  7. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks guys, i think i need to make them a lot better though if i even want a chance at being an MR
  8. Makosen

Makosen Guest

Nice review. I've been playing this game with a friend peer-to-peer. It's pretty cool!