[Review] Fieldrunners

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by InfiniteVolume, Jul 21, 2009.

1. InfiniteVolume

InfiniteVolume New Member

Device:
    iPad

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tower defence, eh? Whether its Star Defense, Geodefense, or Fieldrunners, the concept is the same: creating a gauntlet that reduces enemies to hamburger.

Application Name:Fieldrunners
    Version: 1.2.3
    Developer: Subatomic Studios, LLC
    Price: $2.99
    Category: Games
    Size: 9.6 MB
    Official Description:
    --------------------

It is a relatively easy to play game. Enemies come from one side of the field, and you stop them from reaching the other side.

The game comes with three maps: in my opinion the worst part of this game, the lack of variety. Don't get me wrong, the maps are extremely challenging, especially the last one. In most tower defense games, maps are completed in a matter of minutes. These maps will take a substantial amount of time: each map has 100 rounds (unless you are playing endless mode.)

In classic fieldrunners mode, you have four towers at your disposal. Gaitling, Goo, Missile, and Lightning, priced at $5, $10, $20, and $70 respectively. The Gaitling Tower is your basic, rapid fire tower that does its job well on weaker enemies. The Rocket Tower gives long range offensive, but with a slower rate of fire. The Goo Tower blasts sludge slowing down enemies. Finally, the Lightning Tower is so powerful it can eliminate many enemies with one fatal zap.

In extended fieldrunners mode, you have six towers to use: The Gaitling, Goo, Missile, Flame, Lightning, and Mortar - prices at $5, $10, $20, $50, $70, and $120 each. The flame tower is a constant shot of fire at your enemies - a typical flamethrower. The Mortar tower is just a heavily, heavily, heavily, oh did I mention heavily? upgraded version of the rocket tower.

There are an unlimited number of ways to approach this challenge, and the experimenting is what makes it compelling and fun. Even if your tired of the tower defense genre altogether, Fieldrunners is a great play. And for $2.99? A GREAT price. An amazing tower defense game which I have sunk several hours into thus far. HIGHLY recommended.

PRESENTATION - 4.5 Clean menus, good overall presentation.
    GAMEPLAY - 5.0 Near flawless.
    SOUND - 4 Nothing great, but it's decent.
    LASTING APPEAL - 5.0

Attached Files:

2. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nice review, but try to review Newer apps.

3. InfiniteVolume

Device:
    iPad
    Lol, I'll keep that in mind next time. This was my first review and I didn't really know what to review.

4. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    You might not want to center the whole thing. It's very awkward to read.
  5. InfiniteVolume

Device:
    iPad
    I see what you mean.

EDIT: That better?
  6. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

The beginning is blatantly copy pasted from the description in the App Store. Is quite short, and lacks a normal amount of [written by you] text.

Just redo all of that, take a look at Review Guide + Layout Tips for ideas. You also might wanna take a look at some other reviews as examples.
  7. InfiniteVolume

Device:
    iPad
    You probably are better than me at this, but my intention was to make it short and sweet. :l
  8. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Oh, I didn't know that. ;p Sorry. It's not really suggested that you take the description though, sorry. x:

No need for that :l attitude!

9. InfiniteVolume

Device:
    iPad
    Lol, I looked at this other random review as an example, like you suggested, before I had started, and... that's what they did.

10. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Oof, bad example then. Take a look at some MR Team reviews.

As for your originally written text though, you went into detail and depth. Nice ^-^