[Review]Fieldrunners

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by JoeyB, Jun 5, 2009.

1. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Fieldrunners
    Category:Games
    Developer:Subatomic Studios, LLC
    Version:1.2.3
    Size:9.6 MB
    Home Page: http://fieldrunners.com/

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is Fieldrunners?
    Fieldrunners is a tower-defense style defending game you guard the exits and make sure no one escapes, the object is to keep as many people from escaping as possible if you make it to level 50 you unlock the next map remember to try to get to the highest level possible to unlock more maps, to unlock new game types then you must beat all the levels in classic mode. This game might be challenging but is fun and addictive.

Features
    Fieldrunners features 3 different maps that includes Grasslands, Crossroads, and Drylands Grasslands is the easiest and Drylands is the hardest. This game also features 3 different difficulty levels easy, medium, and hard. Fieldrunners also features 3 different game modes classic, extended, and endless.

Interface
    When you first open the app, you will be taken to a screen with 6 buttons which are Play, Resume, Scores, Help, and "?". If you press play you are then taken to a screen that gives you 3 options for the level difficulty you want to play in easy, medium, and hard and you have the option of the map you want to play in, and of course the option to choose game mode such as classic, extended, and endless. Scores allows you to view your highscores categorized by the map they where played in. Help of course tells you how to play the game.

Gameplay
    As said at the start of the review, Fieldrunners is a tower-defense type game where you guard the exits and don't let anyone escape, if you do you will lose 1 of 20 health points. You have a choice of 3 game types that you can play with on 3 different maps. The first thing I noticed when I played this was that the audio makes you want to play the game more, and more but it is annoying when it starts over because it just cuts off. When you play this game you are given a choice of buying 4 different weapons you can upgrade these weapons to make the attack on them stronger, when you first start the game it gives you $15, to get money you kill the field runners before they escape. I realized that if you make a maze out of the weapons then it will take them longer to escape. If one of the field runners escape you lose 1 of 20 health points. This game plays extremely sleek and is lag free.
    When you start off in the game try to place your weapons like this​

then once you get more money place your weapons like this.​

If you do that you will get to really high levels.​

Controls
    The controls in Fieldrunner is pretty basic you just press on a button and it takes you there. In the middle of playing the game the controls are just drag and drop. There isn't much to say about the control the movement of the accelerometer has no affect to the game. The game is very basic in the controls but don't let that fool you the game is well worth $2.99.

Visual/Graphics
    The graphics in this game is very good and has nice quality. The background is not 3D but when you kill the field runners they fall, the fall is in 3D which is very cool. The app also has mostly 2d graphics but the game is still very fun I know a couple people who are addicted to this game.

Ratings
    Gameplay: 5/5 - A very fun and comes with multiple choices of, everything.
    Controls: 3/5 - It could have better controls, pause button, and the fact that you can resume your game if you close it bumps it up to a 3.
    Visuals: 4/5 - They could put more 3d-ish graphics.
    Replay Value 5/5 - You can always try to beat your highscore.
    Audio 5/5 - the music makes you want to play more,and more.

Overall

LIMITED TIME ONLY ON SALE FOR $2.99 HURRY AND GET IT NOW!

Attached Files:

2. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  3. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Thank you I just read your Zenonia review it's great

.I'm trying to make it in the MR Team.
  4. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I see you inherited my style of reviewing and it looks great. I noticed some spelling and punctuation errors so you might want to fix those. You should also include the homepage of the app, and in this case it would be: http://fieldrunners.com/

Other than that, the review seems to have some really solid content. Good work!
  5. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Thank you, I had too look at a few reviews to get that style then I saw yours and I had to use that style for my reviews.
    OT:I like your reviews I want Beat Rider Touch so bad because of your review
  6. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nice review!

getting this right away

7. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Thanks I hope I make it in the Member Review team that would be awesome and inspire me to make more reviews.
  8. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if i could vote for that, i will vote for you!

mabye make some me re/pre views?

9. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Umm what is me re/pre views? There will hopefully be a new review tommorrow for Crazy Snowboard if I have time

.Also I really appreciate what you said *crosses fingers*.
    OT:wow 64 views already!
  10. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Good content. Like Edu mentioned, fixing spelling and such would make for a better read. Try spacing more around pictures as well, keeps from looking cramped.

Also, ironically, a lot of app reviews get more views/comments than MR Team reviews. Fycks up with that.