[Review] F&F Pink Slip 3D

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Brandon Shea, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Brandon Shea

Brandon Shea New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    [Review] F&F Pink Slip 3D ( Updated with Pictures ! )

Note : This is my first review, So go easy on me please. But anyways, To the review !

First Impressions The game starts you out on a cool Main Menu, Showing two cars you can obtain in the game, and a cop car. There is a Help button, and an options menu. There are Three game modes.Then 2 more things. 9/10

Please Register or Log in to view images

Quick Race : This is just a normal race, No stats are tracked, you do not unlock anything, Its basically practice .

Arcade : This is the main portion of the game, It it where you race for pink slips, Hence the name. a Pink slip is where you bet your car. At the start of every race you pick your car and then the car you wish to race for. Arcade can be completed in little over 2 hours, where there is only 4 ranks.

MultiPlayer : This is NOT, I repeat NOT online Multiplayer, This is simply if within your network range another person has the same game .

Garage: This is, as the name states, your garage for all of your cars. There are 32 cars in the game. Pretty self explanitory.

More games : This is simply a button you press is you want to see all the other games made by the same company. Curently there is only two ; Deal or No Deal and Jewel Quest II .

Graphics : The graphics in this game, are decent. They could be better but they could be alot worse. I do not have pictures so I can only compare to other games. The graphics are about on Par with Asphalt 4, But the only problem is, Sometimes it is hard to see where you are going, because all the barricades are the same Color . 8/10

Gameplay : The gameplay is pretty fun, there are several game modes within arcade, There is " Race " Where is you simply compete agaisnt the computer, but you still Race for Pinks. There is " Drift. " In this game mode , your race position does not matter, what matters is how much points you get for drifting. If any of you have played " Need for Speed : Carbon " then you will be suprised at how similar this mode is to the drift races in NFSC. Your in the same kind of Caynon and everything.There is " Drag. " this is where you have a shifter, and you have to tap the shifter in order to shift up. Its pretty fun but extremely easy. Then there is " Police. " This is where you have no competitors, you simply have to outrun the cops. You can do this by getting a certain ways away from them, or getting to the finish line without then Butsing you. They bust you by pushing you into the baricades, And making you stop. 8.5/10

Controls : Pretty straight forward, tilt your iPod/iPhone to turn, double tap " Nos " to hit your nitrous. The turning is quite responsive, but it usually takes me 3 or 4 tries before I can actaully make the NOS button respond, which needs to be fixed, because in a racing game, timing your NOS is really important, you if it takes you 3 or 4 tries to use it, your probably going straight into a wall. 7/10

Lasting appeal : Well I beat this game in 2 hours , and to be honest, Playing quick race tends to get boring. So I think they should beef up the arcade a bit in the future updates. 6.75/10

Sound : Main Menu music gets repetive, and the cars engines sound the same. Not really anything else to say. 5/10

Price : The game costs $5.99, I think they should bring it down a dollar or two, but Half reasonable. 7/10

Final Thoughs : I think this is a good, although average racing title. Sure there are some things wrong with it, but the Pros outmatch the Cons of the game. If your a fan of racing, dont miss out.

First Impressions : 9
    Graphics : 8
    Gameplay : 8.5
    Controls : 7
    Lasting appeal : 6.75
    Sound : 5
    Price : 5

Overall : 7.75/10

Review by : Brandon Shea.
  2. 03199618

03199618 New Member

YOur first review
    very good
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I find this game very fun, the bad side is that it doesn't have many options when it comes to controls. You can't even adjust sensitivity. The normal sensitivity is okay, but it's still kind of sensitive.
  4. Brandon Shea

Brandon Shea New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah thats true. I forgot to add that .
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't need iTunes to import pictures.
  6. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Add some screenshots. I have removed the game though, i like Ferrari GT more.
  8. Wats Doing Boyz

Wats Doing Boyz New Member

Good review man but it needs screenies and i'm not really into racing games but i'll check it out.
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

Amazing review! This is highly informative and I think I'll have to try this game out now. Thanks for the great content!
  10. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    man those cops can be a pain, especially when there's already 2 of them.