[Review] EasyWakeup 2.4 (iPod touch 2G)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bigminisachin1231, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bigminisachin1231

bigminisachin1231 New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Hey, just posting a quick review of the latest version of EasyWakeup full (at time of writing), version This version fixes an important some touch users had with the graphs and slightly improves the UI. Now, I'm using the Full version available from Cydia (see more info at easywakeup.net).

EasyWakeup is basically a program that uses the accelerometer on an iPod touch or an iPhone to wake you up at the perfect time so that you feel refreshed and ready to start the day, instead of groggy and half-awake (or so they say). You attach your device to your wrist (using a wristband or an old sock, etc), set the alarm for any interval in which you want to be woken up (a 30 minute interval usually does the trick), lock your device, and go to sleep. What the program claims to do is keep track of the movements of the accelerometer (and therefore your wrist). The more you move, the lighter your sleep is said to be. So, when you are moving a lot, the program will blare an alarm that wakes you up without taking you out of a deep phase of sleep.

Anyway, on to the actual review. First of all, keeping in mind that the developer doesn't natively speak English, the translation is quite good. It's available in like 10 different languages as well. I liked the UI quite a lot as it's fuctional and easy to use. However, the screen you are presented with after activating an alarm seemed a bit simple to look professional - it's a black screen with a white font even more basic than this font, and it lists all the settings you have set...functional, but it could look a bit more polished.

After setting the program to wake me up between 9:15 and 9:45 AM - I'm usually more of an 11:00 person :/ - I went to sleep at about 11:30 PM, having attached my touch to my wrist with an armband and locked it. The next morning, surprisingly enough, I woke up to the sound of my touch's speaker blaring an alarm at me! Sure enough, it was 9:34 AM, and I didn't feel sleepy at all, even though I had slept almost 1 and a half hours less than I usually do on weekends. I tried it again that night and woke up on Sunday at 9:27, feeling the same way. I can attest that this program works pretty great, and aside from some polishing up UI-wise, this is a really useful little app. It also displays graphs that show how much you were moving throughout the night, which is kind of useful in itself for studying your sleeping patterns. Again, if you want to try it out, you can grab a free version on Cydia (but it doesn't support locking the device, so have it fully charged or leave it plugged in to keep it from shutting off) or learn more at easywakeup.net.