[Review] Ducky Derby [Review] - Thehitman

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Ryan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Ducky Derby

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is Ducky Derby: Ducky Derby is a racing game whereby you race rubber ducks against other rubber ducks in a river/canal thing which has various obsticles in it.

Ducky Derby didnt sound like an app worth paying for so I downloaded the lite version, therefore what i express in this review may not fully reflect on the full game itself as i have no experience with it. However the gameplay, controls and overall feel of the game should remain the same between both of them.

You start of by selecting your duck, in the Lite version there are 3 differnt colours you can chose from.

Before you start the game it helpfuly shows you the controls, which, are quite easy to get the hang of and the game is easy to control and play.

Tap = This drops a pebble onto the game which can be used to either push your duck along or stop other ducks.

Flick = This is used to move objects within the game as shown below where you can see that i have pushed the man into the river and he is halfway through drowning.

. This is also used to move bolders which in turn move logs which block your way.

Tilt = This controls the flow of the water, tilt it to the right and the water flows faster, tilt it backwards (to the left) and the water slows down.

Once you get to the end you reach a nice platform.

If your the top 3 you get a nice ...

Price: Lite = Free Full = £0.59 ($.99)​

Overview: Ducky Derby is a fun little game which offers about 5 minutes of fun. Once you have completed the course once, which in fairness is pretty easy to do and come first, it becomes very dull and boring. Therefore I would not recomend the lite version of this game. However after looking at the full version in the appstore and seeing the screenshots, i see that the full versions offers 4 different stages including the one shown in this review and also a "tunnel, river, and ice field". This, could offer an extra bit of fun and make the game more worthwhile especially that your score would be accumulated across all 4 stages. Another feature in the full version is the ability to "jerk the iPod touch/iPhone up to make your duck jump". This again adds a new element to the game and added in with the fact that there are new types of obsicals to conquer i believe that it looks quite a good game for a small price of £0.59 ($.99).

My verdict: If you are bored and want a quick game and something to entertain you then get the lite version. If your looking for something to last a bit longer than 5 minutes then get the full version if you are willing to pay that little bit extra. Personaly i wouldnt.

My Rating: Lite: 2.5/5 = Quickly becomes boring and not enough in it, however is ok for a free, lite version.

Full: Cant rate as havnt played it.
  2. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lol thanks

might be able to fit another one in before im off to bed xD
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    OMG I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!

Anything with 3D rubber ducks is a MUST-BUY!
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lol, its it very funny to start off with but after a bit it loses it touch

6. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you said it best:
    "Ducky Derby is a fun little game which offers about 5 minutes of fun"
    You sure you weren't exaggerating though? 5 whole minutes??? Really??

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hmmm i was going to say 5 minutes is exagerating, however i was taking into account people who would hold the device to the left so the water flowed as slowly as possible and then threw their rocks at the duck to see it get caught in the wirlpools and drown (which i forgot to mention xD) ... so yes, it could take 5 minutes