[Review] Crazy Tanks [Review] - rmc08

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by rmc08, Jan 11, 2009.

1. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    This is my 2nd app review! And the best part is my 1st one made front page!

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, today I will be reviewing Crazy Tanks, covering all details of it.

Crazy Tanks

Intro: Crazy Tanks is one of the Top 10 apps in iTunes' AppStore. It is a fast-paced game, with many, many levels. There are powerups, and of course, enemies for you to destroy! This game will keep you content for a few hours.

Features: The game contains 21 different levels, with changing scenery. The graphics are outstanding, but they can be improved. The game features 4 powerups: Speed, Health, Tri-Shoot, and Shield. They can be useful in difficult situations.

And, of course, there are options for the game. They are pretty limited though... There is Sound On/Off, Calibration of the Accelerometer, and Turning On/Off tilting up your iPod/iPhone.

Gameplay: Now, for the gameplay. When you first start up the game, you will see the game company logo. Then you will be brought to the main screen (see top of page). It will prompt you to either restore your last game or start a new one. Sadly, if you were playing and almost beat the level and then quit the game, even if you restore the game, you will still be brought back to the beginning of the level you were on. Well, you can't have everything! Now when you hit either option (Restore Game OR Start New Game), you will be brought into the game. The controls are quite simple, tap to fire, and tilt to move. Here's a pic of the game help:

The controls are pretty sensitive, but they are comfortably sensitive. Turning is fast enough to not mess you up, and speed isn't too fast to be uncontrollable. Anyway, here is the basic layout of the game:

Some things that tell you what is happening in the game is the enemies left (which indicates the amount of enemies in which are still in the room), the amount of lives you have, your health amount, and the radar. You also have different in-game option settings, such as pause game, sound on/off, view game settings, and how-to-play help. Want to know something than can be useful, IF you don't want to get hit? You can shoot your cannon ball, and it ricochets off walls! Use the aiming line (more clear in the picture above) to guide your cannon ball, and watch it fly! Just think, here comes an enemy. What do you do? You keep your tank still, fire at the wall, and take him out without getting hit once! Practice makes perfect!

The enemies aren't too challenging. The tanks take 3 hits to be destroyed, and the turrets also take 3 hits to be destroyed. What's cool is the explosion effects and words that pop-up when you kill an enemy, or pickup a powerup. And the sounds? They are pretty good! The explosions of the enemy go great with the game, and the cannon balls flying off the walls pop like bubble wrap. The only 2 things I'm really complaining about is the repetitive grind noise that the game makes when you move. Couldn't it be one long sound effect? Also, there is no background music (I guess you can just put your own tunes in the background!) The sounds and visual FX gives the game a cartoonish feel (which is good)!

It gets VERY hard when there's tons of enemies! It can be very fun to maneuver around the enemies and avoid getting it, kinda like the Matrix.

Well, that's really it for the gameplay. It can get pretty boring after a while, because it will only last for an hour, and if you're good, less time than that. Yes, there are 21 levels, but when you're playing, before you know it, you're finished! But remember, you can play it again and again!

So, there you have it. It is a very fun game, and is definitely worth buying. Graphics are pretty good for an iPhone, but they could be tweaked up a bit. It will last you a while, but it could get boring after a while. Either way, it's a great game to have!

Price: $0.99

Rating:

Presentation: 7.8
    Graphics: 9.0
    Sound: 8.5
    Gameplay: 7.5
    Lasting Appeal: 7.0

Overall: 7.9

Even though my rating is fairly low, I would still consider buying it, especially because it's $0.99!

PS: My next review? Why I'm glad you asked... I will be reviewing Snails Reloaded!!! Get ready guys!
  2. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Looks fun. Good review
  3. LesPaul

LesPaul New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah. the one thing i dont like about this game is the camera angle. its too birds eye ish, so you cant see very well if theres enemies close or far or whatever.
  4. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Meh, you can see the cam angle in the pix. its a good cam angle
  5. snoopwong

snoopwong New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can adjust the cam angle by holding your finger on the screen and drag. This is the first game i bought and a update just released, Highly recommended.

Good review btw

6. Technoa

Technoa New Member

Nice review! Definitely getting this game.
  7. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yep! This review is fantastic. You should keep doing more. Now I'm off to the App-mobile!

8. MiChAeL17

MiChAeL17 New Member

Great review, got the game a few days ago and it doesn't disappoint.