[Review] CoreCases Aluminum Slider

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mieraisamazing, Apr 25, 2009.

1. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

Hey guys! I know I just wrote a Speck Pixelskin case review but today, i got my CoreCases Aluminum Sliders. I was expecting them maybe on Wednesday, but hey I got lucky and got them early. Anyways, this is a slider case. Two pieces. No hinge. Felt lined on the inside.
    LETS GET TO REVIEWING!

PRICE

LOOKS

• This case is very nice!!! The metal is shiny and the colors are so awesome!!! The purple looks different online, but in reality, it is really a very dark, shiny, beautiful purple. By the way, I got the silver and purple ones. This isn't your typical aluminum slider. It is felt lined to prevent scratches on the back. This felt is a very smooth material and is sorta shiny. Feels nice against my fingers and seems like it will do the job of protecting. Both pieces are covered with felt on the inside, except the top slider piece has some metal showing, which might seem bad but doesn't matter because the metal showing slides onto the other metal.
    • I really like the looks of this case. I really like the colors. I am very satisified with this part and would definitely give the looks 9.5 out of 10.

PROTECTION

This is where things get sorta bad.

• The case has too much of the iPod showing. The wifi signal, the power button, the volume rockers, and there isn't a cover or way of protection for the headphone jack area. My main issue is with the power button, which is deep down and is hard to press/use. Also, the opening for the volume rockers shows not only the volume rockers but also a little part of the iPod on each side. Not good
    • The chrome bezel is covered all around and also the black part near the home button is covered and metal curves around the home button. Very nice. There is also little dots thingys on the top slider for grip and i have to admit it is a very nice addition to the case.
    • The locking mechanisim on the case is ok but can be better. The case locks. The iPod stays there ok but, as i mentioned before, when pressing the power button, you have to digg deep and by digging deep, the case begins to slide a little. It doesn't slide drastically, just a teeny bit. Not bad.
    • The metal is good though. Seems like it could bend, but not too bad. Will protect the ipod from a fall, definitely.
    • Case is kinda loose! not too bad! nothing crucial! Case moves around in the case if you shake your iPod (and no i do not go around shaking my iPod lol. i just shook it for the review).
    • This part would probably get a 7 or 8. Not great, but not terrible. Protects it, but most definitely has flaws.

PACKINS

• Each slider case has one screen protector included. I have not used it because i hate the application process of screen protectors but from the looks of it, the screen protector covers everything, even the home button I think. Nice addition because the old CoreCases case for the 1G touch did not include one.

OVERALL

• If you want a stylish slider case, this is for you. If you want a stylish, protective slider case, ehhh i would say look somewhere else. Like I said, it protects the iPod, but not to a great extent.

Ok well that is my review!!! Comments and critique appreciated!!! And pics coming soon! lol
  2. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How 'bout a link?
  3. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    And maybe some pictures?
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

updated with link. sorry.
    and also appledude like i said, pics are coming soon. my camera is broken so im taking crap pics from my phone
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    updated with pics.
    and as you can see in the first pic, that little whiteish area at the top is where there there is like a little gap. this is what i mean by the case being too loose.

in the fourth pic, that is what happens if you press too hard on the power button.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm, that's a lot of flaws for a 25 dollar case...
    Decent review though. I would give the looks an 8-9 instead..
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

thanks! and ya there are a lot of flaws but that is why i recommended anyone who wants this to buy from amazon. cheaper. i really liked the looks of the case ( i really thought these cases were attractive so it got a 9.5 from me.
  7. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Eh, they're good looking, but I'm looking more for protection than looks... Although, I'm not buying an ugly case. Lol.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea. Its a good looking case, but like mitchell said, I want a case to protect, no matter how ugly it is.
  9. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

oh ya i totally understand that. of course you would want your expensive gadget to be 100 percent protected.

for me though, that is not the case cause i am usually very very very careful with it. just a rare drop.

anything i need to add to the review? oh and sorry if anything is misspelled or not detailed or something. i was watching twilight when i did this lol
  10. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, the case is fine if you're careful with your iPod, and don't drop it. But people usually get a case because they do drop it. Lol.