[REVIEW] Call of Duty: Zombies

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by narwal13, Dec 10, 2009.

1. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

CALL OF DUTY: ZOMBIES

Like shooting things? Especially Zombies? This game is for you! This game isn't for everyone, especially because of the noises and graphics of this game.

When you start you'll see a video, the Introduction to this game. You will then be taken to the menu after you touch the screen to start. Choose whatever and then Tutorial or Nacht Der Untoten ("Night of the Undead"). The tutorial is highly recommended for first-time players. There are two modes to play in, "Recruit", or "Regular". Recruit is suggested for first time players.

There are a few guns, as well as a flamethrower, and then a box containing one random weapon. You can kill the somewhat infinite zombies with a knife, grenade, and of course, your weapon. There are a few drawbacks to this game however, the controls are not always accurate and the touch seems to be a little messed up.

There is a single-player mode in this game, and then there is a Co-Op option, either over Wi-Fi, local Wi-Fi (must be connected to same router), and bluetooth. Play over cellular networks is currently unavailable. The multiplayer is sort of unreliable, as it disconnects player very oddly. Let's say that you are playing with 3 other people. It will say "Player1 has disconnected" on your screen, and it'll say "(your name) has disconnected" on their screen.

The controls are somewhat like the XBOX and PS3 controls. Left "analog" controls movement, while the right "analog" controls aim. You can knife the zombies using the knife button, zoom in (or scope) using the scope button located above the right analog, and shoot using the shoot button located just to the left of the scope button. You cannot jump/duck right now, and there is only one map, and only a few guns, we hope for more guns, maps, and more controls in the next update!!!

YAY! An update! The new map is Zombie Verruckt, and there are a few new guns such as the Springfield and the Gwehr-43. There is, however, a catch to jailbroken users. After level 5 on the verruckt map, there are 3-4 zombies on each wave.

Affordability: 5/10 ($9.99)
    Gameplay: 9/10 - It is fun but it lost a number because of some controls not being accurate.
    Music & SFX 5/10 - the music can sometime get annoying
    Replay Rate: 8/10 - you will want to play it if you are a CoD fan, it is worth playing over and over again to beat your previous score!
    Graphics 10/10 the blood, the fire, the floor, the guns, the zombies, look so real! and it only takes up 16MB!
    Should I Get It? (1 Being "Heck No" - 10 Being "Heck Yeah"): 8/10 - totally worth it.
    Fun Meter (Just For Fun): 8/10 - very fun!

Overall: 8/10

p.s. the gun I am using is the Kar98k shotgun, just in case you all curious folk out there wanted to know.

Plus, a few screenshots of the Verruckt map will be coming soon! as well as a possible video!

(click the app store icon to go to the iTunes page.

)
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Not that great of a review. First of all, you should rotate the images so people don't break their necks looking at them

Second, it's really short. You should explain your ratings, you just basically summarized what you can do in the game.
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1) my neck hurts...
    2) add more description (menus, controls, extras)
    and 3) more pictures
  4. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Lol, very true on all.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    alright guys i will change this review when i get the time. how can i rotate the pictures? i will make this more in-depth when i get the time thanks for your tips guys.

wait nevermind i got this. i figured out how to rotate them. XD
  6. toxiic insanity

toxiic insanity New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    more pictures would be better for this game, and explaining the difficulty of controls would be pretty good, and more features of the game.
  7. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Why the bump?
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    sorry for this humongous bump, but the review has been updated to include Verruckt! Screenshots coming soon!
  9. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I work for Treyarch. I have a beta Shi No Numa map from the PS3 ported to the iPhone COD. It looks really good and is bigger than Verruckt. It even has some 3GS optimization!

jk, lol, i wish it's like that