REVIEW by Bkram1: Bejeweld 2

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by bkram1, Aug 20, 2008.

1. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bejeweled 2

Please Register or Log in to view images

* Genre: Puzzle
    * Number of Players: 1
    * Price: $9.99 US, $12.99 AU
    * Requirements: iPhone/iPod Touch Software 2.0

iTunes Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284832142&mt=8

iTunes Description: "Play the phenomenal sequal to the classic gem-swapping puzzler! Sit back, relax and marvel at the fun you'll have when you swap adjacent gems to match three or more sparkling jewels. The more mathes you make, the higher your score. Enjoy teo entrancing game modes with Power Gens and Hyper Cubes. Fully optomized for the touch screen with both landscape and portrait display, it's an all-new way to play the award-winning, Hall-of-Fame game. Add in amazing planetary backdrops and super special effects, Bejeweled 2 is hours of high-carat fun!

I think most of you would've played this game. If you havn't, try the game here for free on your PC (link). I bought this game as Bejeweled 2 is one of my favourite games. I have it on PC aswell as on my Xbox 360. It's so simple yet so fun. All you have to do is match three or more jems and they disapear and then more drop from the top. The game has perfect controls. Just drag the jem to where you want it to go. The graphics are beautiful, it looks exactly the same as it does on the Xbox 360. The jems look great and the backgrounds look better! The only problem with te graphics is the transition between levels which has a slightly slow frame rate but that doesn't even matter, The soundtrack is here too which is nice to hear. The only problem with sound (at least when I tried before the latest update) is that you can't use your own music but that might've been changed now.It's a good time to purchase Bejeweled 2 now as it has just been updated with leaderboards and a new game modes. The only problem I can see with this package is the price, at $9.99. Although the game is great, some people might find this price point a bit high.

Originally, there were only classic and action modes but with the new update, endless mode was implemented.

Closing Comments: If you are a Bejeweled fan or a newcomer, you will not be dissapointed. The only problem is the price point.

* Gameplay: 100% - The Classic Gem game!
    * Graphics: 95% - Just beautiful
    * Sound: 90% - Great soundtrack but no custom music?
    * Value: 75% - A bit pricey
    * Lasting Appeal: 85% - If you like Bejeweled, you won't get bored
    * Overall: 90% - Great game for the car!

Thanks for reading, if there’s anything I need to fix or you wanna know something, leave a comment.

Thanks, Bkram1, for more reviews, check out my site: http://appleappstore.wordpress.com

*Will soon be updated with iTunes Link
  2. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

nice review.

maybe you should add something about the different game modes
  3. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm gonna update it soon, I just was writing this review when the update came out and then I finished it while I was restoring my iPhone so yeah.. It will be updated soon

Thanks for the feed back, bkram1