[REVIEW] Bugz

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Andi Briggs, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Andi Briggs

Andi Briggs New Member

Game: Bugz *

Game Story:

The game is a remake of a small time popular flash game called poppers which was sadly unseen by many but still spawned some remakes online and even on the xbox live arcade called E4, this game Bugz was first seen on the PSP as a free to use homebrew game, the game featured many things never seen in homebrew before such as official psp savegame menu's and custom music which you don't see much of in homebrew for that platform.

Game Objective & Rules:

The objective is simple, touching the screen will cause a small explosion that will pop any other bugs on the screen thus making them explode, the level will end once all explosions have finished and nothing else is caught up in the chain, when I mention explosions, I don't mean massive fires and blood, but more as in beautiful colours and psychadelic shapes (mainly consisting of Circles), you will only pass the level if you remove the requested amount of bugz on the screen which move normally in a random order but always start off in the same places on the level, its all about timing of the starting explosion, so waiting for the bugz to move is critical.

Overview:

The game is very addictive for people of all ages and is worthy of a must buy label, its affordable and fun to play, its 100+ levels will keep you busy (thats 90 more than the PSP version) and so much more professional than you'd expect, its not difficult and its cute so to speak.

The only thing the game really lacks is power up's which the dev could one day impliment, perhaps taking a page from E4's book, power up's could involve bigger explosions, been able to use 2 explosions, slow down time and slowing down the bugz, theres plenty of ways to make the game change.

Rating:

8/10

*Bear in mind this is my first review for a iPhone/iPod Touch App so I know its not very good plus I don't know how you Guys & Girls prefer to read your reviews but I hope this can urge you to buy this fine game and I will review more apps for you if you like, Ive got the money to buy them and fingers crossed for Apple and the devs, I can convince you to get them yourselfs

Please Register or Log in to view images

Comment freely and I can get back to you

Andi B
  2. DSync

DSync New Member

It's almost like Sneezies except in Bugz you can view your stats.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. Andi Briggs

Andi Briggs New Member

Sneezies is a game im planning on getting, I heard that was good

Please Register or Log in to view images

and yeah your right about the screenshots, sadly im not good at that just yet, is there some way to do that on the iPod through a plugin or is it simply me taking a picture of my iPod playing the app? lol im fairly new to the Touch atm so yeah consider me a n00b :O
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Press the home and sleep/power button at the same time. The screen should flash white. Then plug your iPod into your computer and it should recognize it as a camera and you can remove the pictures from there.
  6. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Nice review, but you need screenies. I might get this game now.