(REVIEW) Box of Sox (Review)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by RainbowKT, Jun 3, 2009.

1. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • plagiarsim & dishonesty
    Box of Sox

Intro:​
    The one thing I’m not really into are big platform games that’ve been shrunken down to fit my ipod. I’m not looking for an iXBox i360 in my iPocket, I want a shiny ball to chase until I can regain my composure. Which is why I LOVE Box of Sox. With perfect graphics & a simple, simple, simple premise, Box of Sox is a perfect casual game that erases all moments of tedium.

The game is as such - socks are tumbling out of a dryer & you’ve got to make matching pairs. There’s a set of five up at the top that need to be found & paired before you can move on to the next level. Socks slowly pile up on the floor & you’re done once all the spots are filled. Sounds simple because it is. It’s a matching game. In fact, it’s a lot like actual laundry! Just with less sweat stains.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The graphics are truly phenomenal. Instead of jagged pixels, you get crisp vector art which ups the quality of the whole game. I was seriously amazed at the diversity & designs the devs managed to come up with in socks. The only downside is the music. The tunes are as horrible as the graphics are stunning. Does that make sense?

New levels bring new matching situations. So, the first few levels are easier, because the top row of socks are all of the same style. It gets truly difficult when the order gets erased and the random socks start to blend together. I’m also sure the game gets pissed when you don’t finish quick enough. It’s like it sees the pairs and wonders how you - a stupid inefficient human - could possibly miss them.​

This isn’t (insert name of hotttest, most realistic FPS), but for 99 pennies, it is a great way to entertain yourself when - OOH - SHINY!

App Rating: 7.5/10​
  2. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pretty Nice

3. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You cant copy other people"s reviews and post them here as your own!

5. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    isnt it the wrong section for reviews?
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

what do you mean?

btw im gonna be checking this game out. thanks
  7. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol i didnt those are my reviews
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not so sure... in fact I'm pretty damn sure they're not your reviews so I'm going to infract you for plagiarism and for dishonesty. If you can prove to me otherwise then I will reverse it but at the moment all evidence suggests you've cut and pasted these here and not bothered to quote and source them.

I know for a fact that this review was written by a guy called Mike living in the US not by you.