Review: Body Glove case with pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by talon90, Feb 3, 2009.

1. talon90

talon90 New Member

When I started looking at the Bodyglove case, I searched and didn't find too much information about it. I have purchased one and wanted to share some initial thoughts on the case. I had some very specific criteria that I was looking for in a case. I have been using a hipster leather holster and like the slim size, horizontal mount and ease of slipping the phone in and out. What I didn't like was that I couldn't find a good silicone sleeve for the phone that would fit in the case. The iPhone 3G form factor while beautiful is a little small in the hand and a little too slippery for me. I dropped my phone the other day while out at a business lunch and that got me on the search for a replacement and fast.

I liked the BG case/clip combo because it was a combination of the two things I wanted, a belt holder with a horizontal mount and a silicone sleeve style case to get the phone a little more grip. Of course, the less expensive price of the BG combo was appealing to me as well compared to some of the other case/sleeve/belt holster units that I could find.

Of course, as I've read here all ready, there is no such thing as the perfect case and this supports that theory. My hipster did a great job of protecting the phone while in the case and was about as slim on the belt as it could be. The BG case adds about an inch of width to what I had with the hipster. The other thing I'm tentative about is the fact that the phone will mount on the belt screen out so someone like me who is prone to bumping in to things will need to take extra caution.

The case itself has a good feel in the hand and adds some grip to the slippery form of the iPhone. The case doesn't add much weight to the phone and the ratchet feels good. It is clearly designed around the iPhone with appropriate cutouts for the vibrate button, the camera, the light sensor and all the side and top buttons. It also has an oversized dock opening which leads me to believe that it will accomodate an external battery if necessary. The mechanism that locks on the case knob feels secure and the release is a one button motion to release and lift the phone out of the belt clip. The belt clip itself has a very positive closure on it and fits around my belt so it holds it very well. One other side benefit is that the belt clip has a built in kickstand. I love this feature. You can stand the phone on the kickstand in either the horizontal or vertical positions for desktop use and movie viewing. This will be very welcome on plane and train rides.

Thanks for reading,

Paul

Here are a few pictures that I shot tonight. Sorry about the streaks and finger prints.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. EspEclipse9

EspEclipse9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Awesome review, i recently bought an iphone and i'll look into this case.
    Thanks!