[REVIEW] Black Mamba Racer

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Baggy Spandex, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    here is my black mamba racer review. so this is officially my favorite game that has come from the app store yet.

Black Mamba Racer
    developer: starbyte
    price: 1.99 usd
    Get it here

Please Register or Log in to view images

this is the load screen.

input your name for records

main menu of BMR!

once you select play, you can select a track. your fastest lap times are shown and a little bit of info about each track.

this is the option screen. you can change your name, the audio options are low, medium, high, and off. game controls let you turn off the soft keys from the game screen, and determine the position of the soft keys. you can also use the accelerometer for steering. you can view best lap times of each track here too.

this is the gameplay screen. the three arrows at the bottom are the soft keys for steering. the first thing you notice when you start a race is how bad the sound quality is. the tires are constantly squealing an ear-piercing screech that drowns out the bad engine sounds. other than that, the drifting is out of control fun!!!!

the tracks get pretty fun and there are some obstacles strewn about on some of them. there are also powerups such as speed boost, mines, and repair your car.

the black mamba is the head racer. shes got some evil little tricks that can make this game pretty tough. overall, i love this game. that may be a little biased because i love racing games, but whatever.

THE VERDICT: 4.7 stars out of 5
    gameplay: 4.9/5 less is more in this one. easy basic 2-D fun.
    graphics: 4/5 very smooth could be more detailed.
    sound: 1/5 terrible engine and tire noise. corny menu music. the only plus is that i can turn it off and listen to music.
    value: 5/5 1.99 is a fair price, and its got tons of replay value

i love this game and would recommend it to anyone who is into drifting, racing, and/or classic arcade racing fun!!
  2. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great Review!

Though I probably won't get the game, not my type.
  3. Armbruster

Armbruster New Member

I made an in-depth video review.

Find the link to my YouTube in my signature. \/ \/ \/