[Review] "Bike or Die 2 - Physics Bike Simulator"

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by CoN317, Jun 30, 2009.

1. CoN317

CoN317 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi. After searching around on the app store for awhile, I came across "Bike or Die 2 - Physics Bike Simulator". I was excited because i played a similar game many years earlier and i decided to download it. After the first 7 levels, I was definetly not disappointed.

Bike or Die is created by Chillingo LTD. (Same creators of Knights Onrush, iDracula, and Toki Tori.) You can buy it for 6.99 at the app store (ouch). It is The point of the game is very straightforward: Bike through the various terrains, collect the flags, and than make it back to the checkered flags without dying. Although this seems very simplistic, it can be very complex on some maps. Oh, and did i mention you can download 1000's of custom maps FROM the app? There are leaderboards, videos, and much more included in this app. The replayability of this game is outstanding. I had a hard time setting it down to write this review.

Customization options are also included in this app for your bike and biker. Maps get more complex with "Sticky Surfaces" and "Teleporters". The Physics on this game are also very good. Although challenging, the game is very easy to get better at. The controls are straight-forward and easy. The tutorial system is actually in-game and very helpful. The graphics aren't amazing, but they aren't necessarily bad. The music that comes with this game is horrendous. Thank God they allow you to play your own music. The settings can be configured beyond belief in this game. You can customize the terrain, volume, display, zoom options, and control options. You can record yourself playing a level and upload it directly from your ipod to the bike or die website!
    Also, ghost modes are available so you can race against other players' scores!

PROS:
    Great Customization options of Settings
    Replayability
    Good physics
    Decent Graphics
    Tutorial
    Lots of levels
    Level replays, Ghost modes, and in-app site for downloading levels.

CoNS:
    Horrible music/sounds
    Price
    Tricky at first

CoNclusion:
    This app is definetly a bargain in my opinion. It's really fun and addicting. Although this game might not be for you so i suggest you try the lite version before purchasing. This is a type of game which will always have new material and new things to explore. I recommend it to anyone. I give it 4.5/5.0 Stars.

Regards,
    CoN

Attached Files:

2. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Font is really hard to read in 2nd paragraph, might wanna change.
  3. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could have gone WAY more in-depth with the settings, and you neglected to mention that you can download levels from the BoD website.

Keep working on it.

ps: fix the font color, it really strains the eyes to read light peach color on white background.
  4. CoN317

CoN317 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I changed what i could. Sorry guys, I was kind of in a rush. Baby sitting =\.
  5. psp2468

psp2468 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Nice review. I love this game. Keeps me entertained for hours!
  6. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

This game I must say IS underrated and many people just don't seem to get the point of it.
    I quite can't get enough of it!

7. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It's a great game, I used to play it on my Palm TX.
  8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I love the music in this game lol, and how the little dude moves his arms up and down.