[Review] Belkin Silicone Sleeve for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by simonrichards150, Jul 18, 2008.

1. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The Belkin silicone sleeve for iPod Touch review.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price: £14.99 (~$30)

So I used to keep my iPod in a sock, but it was annoying to have to take it out every time I wanted to use it, and most cases I saw were either cheap looking or bulky.

But this case is amazing.

Unlike other cases, it has no unnecessary bulk, and allows full access to all buttons and ports, and the screen, at all times.

It feels soft and slightly rubbery, and it definitely won't slip out of your hand or off a table. It fits the iPod perfectly and doesnt feel alien to use. In fact the iPod feels better to hold with the case on than without, as it gives it more grip and I didn't feel like I may drop it at any time.

The back has two slits for attaching to your belt, and notice there are no bulky clip connectors etc here.

The sleeve has a moulded replica of the home button and a perfectly sized cutaway for dock connector and headphone access.

It also comes with a screen protector, but I haven't used it.

I have drop tested the case from about 5 feet onto vinyl flooring and no damage was done to either the iPod or the case. It also spent most of the day in my pocket with my keys and there were no marks on it when I got home.

All in all this is a great case especially considering there are other cases that are larger and bulkier that cost more than this one.

2. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great review! I needed a new case cuz my freind accidentally ripped mine.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    This is the same case i use i love it

4. traxxy

traxxy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nice guys, but i'm really having a problem with the screen (i have it in a sock now too)

but i've bought an iSkin before but i couldn't remove the air pockets and i'm so scared that I can't now either
    (i've returned the iSkin and luckily the didn't notice the screen being used!!)

so anyone have a solution or tutorial on how to attach your screen without having air pockets onit?
  5. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is why I havent used my screen protector, its too much hassle.

But you can get good results by peeling off a small amount of the film and starting at one end of the screen, and as you move to the other end smooth it with something flat and you shouldnt get bubbles.