[Review] Baseball

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by gatorhator, Jul 14, 2008.

1. gatorhator

gatorhator New Member

ooops... sorry mods just realised in the wrong section can you move it please?
    Baseball

Genre: Sports
    Price: FREE or $0
    Requirements: 2.0 firmware and an iPod Touch/iPhone

Game description: Imagine all historical baseball players statistics on your immediately accessible iPhone (or iPod Touch)! Major League stats from 1871-2007 are included, with no waiting for web access. Great for resolving arguments at the ballpark, at the bar, or in front of your TV. Look for a player by team and year, search for player name and team, or get career stats.

Please Register or Log in to view images

^all team names in history are included. For example:Altoona Mountain City, Boston Beaneaters and Americans, Cleveland Forest Cities, etc.

^ Shows every year the team played and their symbol.

^ Shows every player on the roster that year.

^ Shows full name, nick names, handedness, height, weight, debut, final game, Date born, Where born, when they died, and where they died.

^shows games, at bats, Runs, hits, Batting AVerage, Doubles, Triples, Home Runs, Runs Batted in, Stolen Bases, Caught Stealing, Walks, Strikeouts, Sacrifice Hits, Sacrifice Flies, Intentional Walks, Hit by pitch, Grounded into DP, and Stint for batting.

^ Shows Wins, Losses, Games, ERA, Opp. Batting AVerage, Games Started, Innings pitched, Batters Faced, Hits, Runs, Earned Runs, Walks, Strikeouts, Home Runs, Hit by Pitch, Intentional Walks, Wild Pitches, Shutouts, Saves, Complete Games, Games Finished, Balks, and Stint for pitchers.

^ Positon, Games, Games Started, Fielding Pct., Errors, Double Plays, InnOuts, PB, ZR, Putouts, Assists, and Stint. If they play different positions it will show all of them.

Review
    This app is great for all MLB Baseball fans and its free. I have had it for 3 days and it already has settled a bet. One of the great things about this is that you don't need wifi which lets you use it wherever you want. The only thing that this app needs is team stats, and not just individual. The next update probably will be that so then it will be perfect.

Rating: 4/5

(Yes I do like the Red Sox as you can see in my photos.)
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    nice review, downloading now

3. gatorhator

gatorhator New Member

Thanks just thought it was an under rated app so decided to show people how good it is.
  4. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First app I downloaded. At first I figured it was the MLB app. When I read what it was, I couldn't "get app" fast enough

5. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Awesome-ass review! Cheers for this man. Downloadin' now.
  6. EGR

EGR New Member

Nice Review...but You Said That It Dont Need Wifi. So You Can See The Videos Without Wifi?
  7. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

First of all, Go Sox!!!

Secondly, nice review. This is one of the first apps I downloaded, after MLB (which, though it could be better, is totally worth the $5 to me). The only complaint I have with the game is that you can't search for stats like- who holds the record for most RBIs in a single season, who had the most career hits as a 2nd baseman, how holds the single season HR record, etc. Its a great app for finding player stats, but not for all-time stats and stats that you search by position or by individual stats.
  8. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nice review!
  9. gatorhator

gatorhator New Member

there is no videos