[REVIEW] Assassin's Creed

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by TheTechZone, Aug 15, 2009.

1. TheTechZone

TheTechZone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

ASSASSIN'S CREED

Welcome to the Assassin's Creed review.It is a spin-off to the PS3 game titled but this game is fully titled as 'Assassin's Creed : Altairs Chronicles'. The game is developed by Gameloft and Ubisoft. Let's begin the review

What's it about?
    This is copied from the App Store

'The game is set in Jerusalem 1191 A.D. The Third Crusade between the Crusaders and Saracens is tearing the Holy Land Aprt

Your an Assassin called 'Altair' who has been sent by the Order of Assassins in search of 'The Chalice' which is so powerful, that it can end The Crusades,depending on which camp owns it. Your job is to steal The Chalice from the Templars before someone else does'

The quest does sound simple but it's not. You have to travel many places such as Damascus,Alep,Tyre,Acre and of course, Jerusalem. You need to travel to these destinations to find out clues to where this Chalice is hidden. The story sounds like a story that it should be. A quest. At first i thought the game was just something simple. But for a game that's 100MB, i knew the story would be long........and it was. In my opinion, the story sounds simple but when playing in the game, you'll start to realize that it's not that easy.

Gameplay

The game has a total of 33 quite long levels, in which to me was really impressive. Each level has different kinds of environments. Some are set in the city, desert, ports, underground and some has different kinds of weather such as rain,night and day. But don't think that the levels were easy. To me at first, on Normal difficulty, the game was like on Hard indeed because there are many kinds of traps,jumps and surprises. Sometimes, if i keep falling off or something like that, i get really frustrated but i don't see that's a problem to me because i'm at least spending some time when i'm bored. Every level that you are in, there are many jumps in rooftops, using your grappling hook, wall climbing,jumping over fires and spikes...this is a good challenge for some people, including me, although i finished the game, i still do want to play it again but in a harder difficulty.

The Memories menu(level select)

What i really found impressive was the attack moves and combos. You start with some basic moves but as you keep on completing levels, you can unlock more moves,combos and upgrades. You can also not only use swords but as you complete levels you can use a crossbow,smoke bomb,bomb and daggers to kill opponents easily. Speaking of opponents, there are many kinds of opponents that you will face. Such as guards,soldiers,guards with strong armour and more. There are also snakes you can encounter during each level which all you can do is that give the a strike and that's it! I find the AI really impressive because when you have roughly finished half the game, the AI because tougher, meaning that they block better and attack quicker. Sometimes in each level you would come across some coal which would slow you down. It is dangerous because if fire is intact with this coal, it would catch fire and you could die easily.

Now to the upgrades. Each time you explore the level or kill an opponent, you will collect two kinds of orbs. The first one is the blue orbs. The blue orbs are something like money to you. When you collect a particular amount of blue orbs, you will be allowed to upgrade either your Health bar or the Sword. It's easy to upgrade at first because in the first few levels, you can find alot of them, but as you proceed, you could hardly find them but only on opponents. The other kind of orb is the red orbs. These replenishes your health.

Some times, you may encounter some sort of mini-games. There are mainly two of them.

Here we have is pickpocketing. You just rub your finger around the screen to clear the view and then collect the key. But you must collect the key without touching any of the items in the bag. You can kove the other objects to give way. I found this one just too easy. Thought it would become harder.

The other one is sort of to be like torturing but not extremely. Here you just tap the numbers when the circle around them becomes green. Here it is harder because the circles close pretty quick, especially when your almost done.

Graphics and Soundtrack

I found the graphics really good, that it look's sort like the graphics on the PSP. There are some parts where you could end up seeing fire every where which i must say looks impressive. Take a look at this screenshot-

Here you could sort of say that the graphics look good. Now about the soundtrack, it has traditional Arabian like music and there are different kinds of them. Smooth and very serious music but none of them of any vocals ofcourse. I live in Abu Dhabi so whenever i play the game, it feel's like i'm getting a taste of some Arab music. I would say the graphics and soundtrack is good

Finally,is it worth buying?
    This game has almost everything needs for an ancient style ction-adventure game and when i first played this game, i had a great time plaing this game, i didn't want to stop. for $4.99, i definitely agree that it is worth buying

Score - 9/10
    Worth Buying - HELL YEAH!
    Price - $4.99
    Developer - Gameloft and Ubisoft

Where to get it? Find it on the iTunes Store or Apple store on you iPod Touch or iPhone

Attached Files:

2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Now this is a much better review then your others.

Kudos
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice presentation. The text has some errors. Always go back through what you have written and see if it sounds right. Good review.
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Not quite

Try PS3 and Xbox 360.​