[REVIEW]Aqua Forest, 2.0[/REVIEW] + [POLL]

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by darc10222, Jul 12, 2008.

?

Do you like Aqua Forest?

1. Yes

47.9%
  2. No

5.2%
  3. Haven't bought it

46.9%
  1. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

[HEADER]
    I decided to do my own take on reviews, as I think it is good to have opinions from many different people before you decide to spend all your money on one application,

Please Register or Log in to view images

[TITLE]

AQUA TOUCH REVIEW

[WHAT IT IS]

Aqua Forest is basically a sand-box game very similar to "Sand" and "Evolution RGB" on Installer but 10x better with more materials, different tools and great graphics.

[MENU]

When you first enter the application, you are greeted with a painting of an actual forest, along with choices of what to do next. If you wait long enough, you will also be greeted with some pretty water effects that you can control by tilting your iPhone/iPod Touch.
    The options are "Free" which is basically free play, "Puzzle" which is a set of puzzles with goals that you have to complete. Also "Web To" which takes you to the developers website and "Help" which tells you the functions of all of the settings and materials. When you click Puzzle you are greeted with a menu of 5 subjects, all with 10 puzzles each.

[STORY MODE (PUZZLES)]

The addition of a puzzle mode is great, as it shows first time users how to use the functions and actually shows you each tool/material at a time instead of throwing all of them at you at once and expecting you to remember it all. The puzzles can be quite challenging and time consuming.

[FREE MODE + GAME PLAY]
    Free mode is great fun, and I often use it just to be silly when I'm bored. There's so many materials and I don't even know what alot of them do. The only thing is that when you add alot of things it starts to lag, but it's only really I-cant-play-this-anymore lag if you fill the WHOLE screen up. My favourite time-waster is probably making a "fuse" out of gasoline leading to powder and lighting the "fuse", haha.

[OVERALL]

Overall, this game is alot of fun to use, and at only $9.99AUS and $7.99USD I think it's a great bargain. As I said, the only REAL downside is lag, but after all, this IS a cellphone device and it is pretty detailed.
    Oh, something I forgot to mention is the ability to turn off accelerometer use, gravity, inflow (water pours into the screen), outflow (objects fall through the bottom of the screen), limiting the amount of objects on screen to reduce lag and also the ability to pause. Not to mention the ability to save and open your creations.

[SCORE]
    4.5/5

[SCREENSHOTS]

MAIN MENU:

PUZZLES:

FREE:

SETTINGS:

TOOLS/MATERIALS:

SAVE/LOAD:

Hit the image limit, check my next post in this thread for more screenies.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Nice review.

Aqua Forest is my favorite app available

3. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Screenshots are going up any minute now

Also, if you vote, consider leaving a message on why you did/didn't like it?
    EDIT:
    More screenshots.

4. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great review, Aqua forest is pretty impressive on the touch. Heres a cycle I created.

The Fire which burns on the continuous fuel causes the water to evaporate -> the vapour touches the icy thingy(dunno its name) and forms droplets -> causing the whole cycle again.

Conclusion:

The game is cool.

I hope anyone can get the chance to play it and experience the fun I have experienced from the app store - a store which would be meaningless without this app. But personally I would also want to try and play these games.

CubicMan Deluxe
    Moto Racer
    Texas Hold'em
    Zen Pinball: Rollercoaster
  5. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Okay, screenshots are up.
    13 in total.
  6. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

what is it?
  7. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Did you read the review?
    EDIT: Sorry, I actually didn't really go into what it was, new section in the review called "What it is"

8. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

This game looks like a more attractive version of the FallingSands Game online..

and i gotta admit. i love that game
  9. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

That's basically what it is, I've definitely been wanting a better version of the "Sand" app from Installer and this is just that.
  10. Ikbentim

Ikbentim New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Love this game. Well worth my money, and its one of those things that is going to get people over the edge and buy an iPod touch.. its insane technology. I showed it to my friend and he is getting a touch now.