[REVIEW] Amateur Surgeon

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by sup1234, Jun 1, 2009.

1. sup1234

sup1234 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't like to do reviews but this game is so good that I felt I should make a review about it.

~Review for Amateur Surgeon~

What is Amateur Surgeon?
    Amateur Surgeon is a game about a pizza boy named Alan Probe who wants to become a surgeon. When reading a surgery book while driving a pizza delivery van, Alan hits an ex-surgeon named Ignacious Bleed. Ignacious agrees to mentor Alan in becoming a surgeon, but Dr. Bleed has a secret he's keeping from Alan...

How it Looks
    When you start the game it opens to the main menu with two buttons to choose from: New Game and Continue Game. You cannot choose Continue Game until you have started a new game. When you choose new game it has a little video about how Alan comes to meet Dr. Bleed. After every patient you operate on, the game saves automatically.

Features
    Amateur Surgeon has 30 patients to operate on. 27 patients in the storyline and 3 secret patients that you have to unlock. (I personally have unlocked only 1) Every patient has their own problem so you don't have to worry about repeated surgeries on patients and the more you progress in the game the harder it gets.

Gameplay
    Basically the goal of the game is to just operate on every patient you have and don't kill them (It's harder than you think). Before and after every surgery you have a short clip of Alan and Dr. Bleed talking to someone (usually the patient). As the story progresses you find out more about Dr. Bleed.

Controls
    The tools you use in the game while operating are pretty good. I have no complaints for them. The only problem I have is that the game will take a long time to load sometimes and it can crash a lot. Once when the game kept crashing I restarted my ipod and it didn't crash.

Audio
    I really like the audio because I like the music that plays while you operate (it's fun to listen to and doesn't distract you from the game.) but I also like how you can turn off the music and sound effects so you can listen to your own music (it's always been a pet peeve of mine to not be able to listen to my own music).

Visual
    The graphics I think are very good. They are simple 2-D graphics that really help you understand what is going on and don't take away from the playing experience. The visuals can be improved though when you are operating on someone.

Replay Value
    I would say that this game has a lot of replay value since you get grades on each patient you do (A, B, C, D). You can always go back and try to improve your grades. There are also secret patients for you to unlock.

Summary
    If you are too lazy to read my full review you can just read this part. I think this game is very good and for 2.99 I think it is well worth it. However, I don't think it should be priced at 4.99, the regular price. The gameplay is great and the controls are good too, however it crashes a lot so if you do buy it be prepared for that. If you don't want to buy the full version, or you want to try it before buying it there is a lite version.

Ratings
    Gameplay: 5/5
    Controls: 4/5
    Audio: 4/5
    Graphics/Visual: 4/5
    Overall: 4/5

LINK TO GAME:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299186925&mt=8

THIS GAME IS ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME FOR 2.99! HURRY IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY THE REGULAR PRICE OF 4.99! ALSO, IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME TRY THE COMPUTER VERSION THAT IS FREE!

P.S: This is my first review so please comment with suggestions for improving.

Attached Files:

• fggb.jpg
      fggb.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
    • 041.PNG
      041.PNG
      File size:
      129.4 KB
      Views:
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    screens would increase your chance of winning

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: as in not thumbnails, but other ones...
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Rotate you screenshots, embed them in the post and CENTER them

Please Register or Log in to view images