[Review] AIM

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by The_OneDa, Aug 8, 2009.

1. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

AIM

Please Register or Log in to view images

Category: Social Networking
    Seller: AOL
    Version: 3.0.2. (iPhone OS Tested)
    Size: 1.9 MB
    4+
    Price: Free (Advertised Version) $2.99 (Non-Advertised Version)

Free

Paid

Overview:
    AIM is a nice social networking app that allows you to stay connected with your friends, family, or anyone else over WIFI, EDGE, or 3G networks. With Push Notifications and being able to stay connected for up to 24 hours you can keep track with what your contacts are doing, where they are and how there feeling. AIM began as a nice program that you installed on your computer, but now you can take it anywhere on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Features:
    When you first open AIM you'll be introduced to three options that allow you to choose an account.They are AIM, Mobile ME, and .mac. If you have no account you'll be given the option to create a free account straight from the app itself.

With AIM you can configure your contacts identity which makes it easier for you to search through your contacts. Another cool feature that AIM has is that any time you change something AIM will automatically update your profile so when you logg in on your computer you won't have to go through the trouble of doing everything over. You are also able to send SMS messages even through you iPod Touch. Want to edit your buddy icon? Just take a picture of yourself or anything you want with your iPhone or just take a picture straight out of your photo album. When your not using AIM and recieve a message it will look the way you want it to, for example:

Although AOL claims that AIM runs and works smoothly, it does but not all the time. A huge problem with this app is that in the first five minutes of using it it'll probably crash, and trust me this app crashes a lot, and when I say a lot I mean a lot.

Is it Worth Getting?:
    Well although AIM has it's problems I'm sure AOL will release future updates to further improve their product. Aim has a lot of potential but most of it isn't shown in the iPod Touch a iPhone versions. If you want to try it out I recommend getting the free version first.

Aim for the iPhone and iPod Touch gets a:

Review brought to you by iSnooz

Attached Files:

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Landscape is only available in the paid version.

Also, I wouldn't take screenshots of an app for a review if you've got a system theme. It could be misleading.
  3. jbarnes

jbarnes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very good review
  4. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Thanks bro.