[Review] AIAIAI Y-Com Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nclaxmiddy11, Mar 3, 2009.

1. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Today I will be reviewing AIAIAI's Y-Com Headphones for the iPhone.

They are about $80 USD and you can find them at
    [SIZE="4"]http://aiaiai.dk/[/SIZE]

(They also have a variety of different colors for the Y-Com as well as many different products)
    Also check out their new lookbook on upcoming products
    pagegangster.com/p/4I4ds

~Packaging~

Okay first off they come packaged in a thick, transparent tube with instructions on how to wear the headphones. At each end where you can open the tube there are two tiny circular containers holding alternate/replacement earbuds. The earbuds that are originally on your headset are two pieces of hard foam, like ear plugs that drown out noise. The alternates are 5 different shaped clear earbuds.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think that is awesome because everyone's ear is a different size so it can really help you out.

~Headphone Design~

The jack end is made straight so it will fit into any port, even a 2nd Gen iPhone. It is wrapped with a plastic hard tube that carries the name "AIAIAI".

The headphones themselves are made of thick plastic tubes which prevent tangled wires. They are about twice as thick as the factory Apple headphones and will definitely hold up better over time. The cord itself is also about 5-6 inches longer then the Apple headphones too.

They have a great Y-shaped center piece where the cord moves from one piece and splits into two. On one side it shows the letters "L" and "R" to signify which way to wear them.

Since these headphones are the "Y-Com" they have the button/mic for special use on the iPhone. When someone calls your phone you can talk into a little mic in the headphones and hear your friend talking through the earbuds. The button is used for when you are playing music and you don't want to go into the iPod.app to change the song. You can simply press it once to pause (again then to play), twice to skip and song, and three times to go back a song. This feature is a necescity if you own an iPhone.

The earbuds are hard round pieces of plastic that are of the in-ear style. This means to hear the full sound you must stick them into your ear canal, which is unlike the Apple headphones that just rest in your ear. With in-ear headphones you can block out all outside side noise while experiencing a great song. The best way to wear these headphones is around the back of your ear, over the top, and then in (because it makes them more sturdy). I would have to say the sound quality of these are much better than the Apple headphones. The bass and clarity of these are easily one of the best of it's kind.

~Summary~

Overall, I have decided that I am definitely using these headphones from now on. They have much better sound and they are louder too. I would recommend them for anyone looking for new headphones for any product.

Design - 10 out of 10

Headphone Sound - 9 out of 10

Price - 7 out of 10
  2. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nice review the head phones look nice and i bet the sound quality is great
  3. nclaxmiddy11

Thanks man. The headphones are really awesome.
  4. DryPodsOnline

DryPodsOnline New Member

Are they waterproof ? They look like a well made unit.
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ncie review, very detailed

but i still dont know why people actually review headphones, when you could just use the ones which you pay for when you buy the ipod?!?!?!
  6. nclaxmiddy11

I have not tested to see that but I would think that the wires are waterproof.

Yet maybe water would get into the ear buds.

You get new headphones because the Apple ones are crap. They break within like 3 months of wearing them casually.
  7. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can we see these on your ears?
  8. DryPodsOnline

DryPodsOnline New Member

Using the headphones you get with your iPhone or iPod is like using the basic. Upgrading your headphones gives you the ability to customize the sound for your best listening pleasure. I rarely keep the "Stock" headphones with anything I own.
  9. nclaxmiddy11

Sure

Also mods, could any of you move this to the new headphones section? Thanks.
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Nice. Do they work with other phones as well?