(REVIEW) 2XL Supercross

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Meikrekel, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Meikrekel

Meikrekel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2XL Supercross

Please Register or Log in to view images

Your crossmotor in your pocket

- Introduction
    - Graphics
    - Gameplay
    - The controls
    - The game
    - Extra information
    - Ratings
    - Overall

When I saw this game for the first time in the appstore, I thought: 'that's my game'. But that's not so strange since I've got a cross motor myself. So I bought it. and the first time I started the game, I already felt in love with the game. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The game play was kind of hard for the first 10 minutes, but after that it went alright (but still not easy, which makes it a nice game).

Graphics

The graphics of this game are absolutely the best I've ever seen on a game for the iPod touch. The courses look cool, the motors and the characters look cool and everything looks cool. I can keep talking about the graphics but a picture says more than 1000 words.

Game play

In the first 10 to 20 minutes I couldn’t handle the motor, the steering is very hard to control, you need to use your iPod as a steer, but when you steer too much or to less (which you do very fast) you’ll fly out of the track. But after those 10/20 minutes, it goes way better. Another con is that you'll need to practice every course; otherwise you'll never win and fly every ten meters out of the track.

The controls

The controls for this game are very easy, you steer with your ipod like you steer in a car, when you land, you can tilt your ipod a little forwards or backwards to make sure you won't fall when you land. To give gas, you push the green button, to stop, you press the red one. If you want to pause the game, simply touch the center of the screen. That are all the controls of the game.

The game

The game is very nice and very addicting. I've been playing this game for over 10 hours. There are many tracks. When you start you can use 5 tracks, but after you've won a few races you'll unlock more tracks. You can make a new profile or just use the default one; there are 15 different motors you can use and also 15 different characters. When you've unlocked all levels, you'll have 13 different tracks to play on. You've got 3 different “event settings”: time trial, practice and race. The type race has 3 different types: easy, normal and hard and you can choose how many laps you want.

Extra information

Here is some extra information about the game: in your menu you can find the button “Race”, here you can start a new race, practice or time trial. Under “Records” you can find your personal records, under “Options” you can: change your profile, audio and controls, you can see the presets and the credits. And at last there is a “Help” button in the menu, here you can find a quick start guide.

Ratings

- Graphics: 9
    - Gameplay: 7
    - The game: 8
    - Price: 5.99 € (Dutch appstore) It's a little expensive but it's worth it!
    - Overall: 8

Overall

This game is absolutely the best game I’ve got on my iPod. If you like motors/motor games, you'll definitely like this game. If you think that the game is expensive, then I'd say: 'so what, you can better buy one game of 5.99 € which you play over 10 hours, then buy 2 games of 2.99 € which you play for half an hour'. If I were you, I'd buy it, right now, because this game is worth the money.

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310951782&mt=8

Meikrekel,
    5-1-2009

Attached Files:

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    damn! these reviews just keep on coming!

i still love this game, especially for the graphics

3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice review . . . might be better if you explained more about the controls and on-screen buttons.
  4. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    EDIT: graphics, 9?!?!! there is a 10 you know...

5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A good little review. It's always useful to write reviews on a subject you are knowledgeable about as it adds an extra dimension. A few issues with the English but it's your second language and is perfectly understandable so we can't fault you there. Some additional work on presentation would be good: e.g. CENTER your images, change font sizes and colours, etc.

Nice work

6. Meikrekel

Meikrekel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've changed a few things and added a little about the controls

7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)