[Review] 2079 [Review] - Thehitman

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Ryan, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    2079​

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is 2079?: Well, its name is a number, but it has nothing to do with numbers. 2079 is a space/shooting/thingy where you control a spaceship within a kind of board like screen. You then have to wiz around destroying enemy ships and collecting powerups.

Controls: I found the controls quite easy to get the hang of, however i did accidently use my "Shake to deploy energy blast" a few times accidently and also messed up a bit on the shooting, which although clever, gets anoying at some points.

Game Modes:

There are 2 game modes

Traditional and Normal. Tradition lets you see the whole 'playing field' and also the shooting controls are off the field so you can see more in general. The normal view is more of a zoomed in view with an action cam, and by that i mean that it follows you around the map as you move. I dont like this as i cant see the full map, which is anoying.

Playing.
    This is the playing field and as you can see you get 3 lives then its game over.

You move by tilting the device to move the ship. However i found myself sitting stationary in a corner firing at the enemy as it was to risky of crashing into one (thats how you die) when moving around as the controls were not stable enough.

Above, you can see the square with the question mark in it. This is a power-up which when driven into provides your spaceship with a bonus. For instance you can get double and tripple bullets, shields, lives and more blasts.

Blasts literaly kill every enemy on the field, useful for when there are to many to shoot down. This is what happens when you use blasts.

Annnnnd you play like this, shooting the enemys until you lose all your lives and you get the nice...

Then you get to stick your score into 'ye old highé scorey' in a cool, alien looking font.

My virdict: 3/5 - Although it was fun playing it for the sake of the review. I feel that i would never want to play it again as it got pretty boring. Perhaps i just need a bit longer with it. But overall i wasnt totally impressed by it. However i cant moan as it was a free app.

Price: Free - However not for long, get it while you can!
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

HOLY JESUS.

Is that about 8 today?

lol

Woah.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lol yeah its 8 i think xD