[Review] $2 eBay diamond TPU case for the iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Amps, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Amps

Amps Member

Device:
    iPad 3

Please Register or Log in to view images

The back of the case with the iPod Touch in it

Hey guys,

Here's my review on my $2 (excluding shipping) clear diamond TPU case. I bought the case from eBay.

Packaging: - Score: 5/10

The case came in a simplistic package. It got shipped in a bubble enveloppe and the case came in a small, cheap plastic bag. There was also a cardboard cutout of an iPod Touch inside the case.
    Nothing fancy about the packaging, but it does the job (protecting the case while shipping).

Design: - Score: 10/10

As you can see in the picture the case is a clear one. On the back there's a diamond-like pattern.

The case looks really good. The case let you allow to look thorugh it at the chrome backing. The pattern on the case makes the back less plain (which is a good thing in my opinion!).

There is a small seam around the "top" (bezel) part and the "bottom" (back) of the case. It doesn't bother me though.

Button Allignment: - Score: 8/10

All buttons are covered by the case. The buttons are well alligned with the case.

I found it hard to press the volume buttons in the first place. With the case on the buttons are (slighlty) harder to press.
    I didn't had any problems pressing the sleep/awake button. It's a bit harder to press, but that's neglectable.

The left side of the case

The top of the case

Cutouts & Port access: - Score: 6/10

The cutouts of the ports are really tight. I tried connecting my Sennheiser earbuds, and it seems that the case is a little in the way. If you have earphones that have a way bigger connector than the Apple ones, you might have some trouble connecting it.
    The cutout for the dock connector is also a tight fit. It's a bit harder to connect, but not by much.
    The cutout for the camera looks a bit off, but it does not intefere with the camera itself nor the microphone.
    The cutout for the speaker is just fine.

Bottom cutouts of the case

Cutout of the camera

Headphones connected

Protection: - Score: 10/10

The case is a tight fit and it also has a 'lay on the table' design. Nearly the whole iPod Touch is protected (excluding the screen ofcourse). The case will give good protection against scratches and may absorp shocks from drops as well.

Quality: - Score: 9.5/10

The case really feels like any other TPU case. The feel of the back is smooth with a little bit of grip. The case itself doesn't add much bulk to the iPod Touch.
    For a $2 case it's really good

Price: - Score: 10/10

There's nothing much to say about the price really. For $2 you have an amazing deal!

Shipping: - Score: 8/10

When you buy from eBay, especially items shipped from Hong Kong, you should expect a shipping time of 2-3 weeks. However, this case only took 10 days of shipping (which is really fast for an eBay purchase)!
    Can't really complain about the shipping (with the seller where I bought the case from).
    I paid $0.60 for shipping by the way

Conclusion: - Overall score: 9/10

For $2 this is a really good case. The case gives a good protection and looks really good. The cutout of the bottom could've been a bit 'bigger' to fit other earphones better.

Overall I'm very pleased with this case.

Where to get the case?

I bought my case from the eBay seller named "stonezhao01". You can look the user up or search for "Crystal Soft TPU Diamond Case Cover For iPod Touch 4G 4"

I hope this review has been useful to you and helped you a bit with choosing the right case for you!

(Pictures taken with my Samsung S8500)

2. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Looks good, although thats a major downfall with not being able to really connect certain headphones and having it harder to connect the USB cord. But it looks great. Cant beat that price!
  3. mrtntv2

mrtntv2 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    thanks!

i got the other one(plaid design)
  4. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know why, but I cannot find cheap cases like this one on ebay with shipping worldwide. Can you give link to this and some other cheap protective cases?

Thanks
  5. Shaquille

Shaquille New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Good review I think I buy these if I can pay with mine parents bank account.
  6. Amps

Amps Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Here you go

*Clicky*
  7. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    honestly, i would not waste my time with these cheap cases.
    they are cheap, which means i do not expect them to last for long.
    buying a trusted name brand is honestly the way to go.
    reliable and you know you are getting something worth your ipod.
  8. Shaquille

Shaquille New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Only pay with credit card yipee f***ing doo!
  9. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nice review. Looks great, but I have a question. You said the USB connection is a tight fit, but does it go in all the way? From the picture of the cut out, it looks like it will fit all the way. The case I bought from ebay isn't cut out very well and blocks the right side of the connector from plugging in all the way, although it still connects (but just barely).

Does your case allow it to be plugged in fully?
  10. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I saw a review on youtube of someone who bought that case and had the same dilemma. He said he ended up using a hole punch to cut out a little section next to it, so the cord could fit fully in. That, or you could get an exacto knife and slice off a little piece. I know this might deter the look of the case, but it'll work.