reverse slide to unlock screen

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by shonuf, Sep 24, 2008.

1. shonuf

shonuf New Member

First post here, im assuming this is where i would post something like this

I recently installed a winterboard theme which contained a way to completely hide the "slide to unlock" section

so there is absolutely nothing on the bottom part of my screen

Would it be possible to reverse the slider so i have to slide it to the left not to the default right

I've looked all over but i can not find anything about it

I am interested because it is a form of a privacy lock

to someone who has never used an iPod/iPhone before they would have no idea how to unlock it and to someone who has that will figure it is broken
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The invisible slider/tap button is simply a clear PNG image replacement, no fancy code there. To do it in reverse, it would be pretty difficult, and likely not work (or cause more problems). You may even have to build a custom SpringBoard app, although that's not likely. Don't keep your hopes up.
  3. cowsrus

cowsrus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    exactly the amount of work it would take you would have to reconfig your springboard it is too much work it just isnt worth it

what you have is tap to unlock correct?

that is just a custom slider like all of the others except it is clear and is so long that tapping it is like sliding it, it was just as easy to make that as to make any other slider

sliding to the left is a different story though
  4. jimzdeman

jimzdeman New Member

there might be a way to do it with a PNG replacement

when i was testing out image sizes with my tapper, i made one slightly too large and it resulted in a slider that went backwards

if you could make a slider with a large alpha margin on it, it world look like normal, but slide the opposite direction.
    it'd require lot of *size testing* and trial and error but it'd work.

note, the tapper is 275 pixels wide and any number high, (default 48) so your image would have to be larger than that