Returning iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xLucky7, Dec 21, 2009.

1. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok my iPod Touch has been messing up for like... 5 months now and finally gonna take it back to the Apple Store soon. Problem with it is my computer (which doesnt work now) didnt recognize it, it gave a "Windows does not recognize the device" error, and my moms laptop doesnt recognize it either. Only way i could charge it is from a dock station that plugs into cd/surround sound system thingy, and even ten i have to put it on a specific way.

Anyways, would Apple fix it for me or something? Or could i like trade it in to get a discout off the newer iPod Touches?
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I think Apple will give you 10% off a new one if you traded that one in. Can somebody confirm?
  3. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Wow only 10% off? Doesn't really seem worth it when a 8gb one is $200 (roughly) so only $20 off -_-..

Might just try and get a Zune HD rather than another iPod Touch.. although the games on the iPod really give it an advantage..
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If you're even thinking of a Zune HD, here you go: http://www.touchzune.com

Best Zune HD forum; and it is this site's sister site. Sign up on there, ask some questions.

But I'll answer one right now; the Zune HD is awesome. I have one (and my iPod touch), and I use my HD more than my iPod anymore.

Great device.
  5. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ^^Just was on that site, need to sign up on it though... not even sure ill get a Zune HD lol.. Seems like a good device atm, i would just hope it gets more apps/games (especially a Facebook app since i use Facebook like everyday). Oh and i just hope that the Web Browser is decent (and hope they get a better on-screen keyboard or something -_-).
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  7. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ^^Sounds good... and i like the idea of intergrating it with Xbox 360 (
    idk if it out yet but i heard they're thinking about it) since i want to get a 360 too...

Time to see if i can scrounge up like $198 (from Christmas money, selling my DS lol) to be able to get one..
  8. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got my 360 from Christmas money and a $20 gift card.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I bought it at Wal*Mart for $180 brand new. It's an Arcade, but it's one of the newer ones with built in memory card, new Jasper chip, etc.

P.S. If there was ANY way at all to connect it to my Xbox, I would be your friend forever.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, I believe they just give you a 10-20% off a new iPod, but I think that's if your warranty is expired. You could just bring it to Apple and see what they can do.
  10. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well I bought my iPod August of last year (refurbished one) idk if it had a warranty in it or anything..

Off Topic: Got my Xbox 360 from my mom for Christmas (didn't expect that) and Madden 10. Also have like $205 to either buy games for my 360 or try n get my iPod fixed or get a Zune HD.