Returning an iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Inaska, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Inaska

Inaska New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does anyone know what type of things they to an iPod touch if it doesn't work?
    I have a 16gb 2G one and it has a white screen every time i turn it on. I have restored it, reset it and more..
    Although sometimes it works, i pick it up and turn it on and it works, but after a while it goes back to a white screen. I'm afraid that Apple will get it to work and not test it more, and send it back and when i get it has a white screen. Hopefully they will send a new one after i included a note in the postal box saying it works normally sometimes for a random amount of time.
  2. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If it's on any gadget/computer store all you got to do is show your receipt say it doesn't work.
    If you are lucky, you will probably get a clerk who is too busy to actually turn it on and just accept the iPod and give you a new one. But, if you are unlucky, he will have a lot of time in his hands and try to turn it on so my advice to you is to try and get the iPod in recovery mode,restore it to your current firmware (not jailbroken of course),wipe it clean (remove all songs, contacts, photos ,apps,notes,you name it) and then try turning it on and off a couple of times. Hopefully this will work just fine and you can trade it.
    If it's an Apple store do the same thing, but if you bought it online do the same thing and add that note just in case it doesn't work when it gets there

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can't tell you what exactly it is that they do but the first thing they do is try to turn it on and see the result, an Apple employee knows that white screen can come either from an update of firmware gone wrong or a jailbreaking attempt gone wrong, that's why my advice to you is to try and get it all wiped
  3. Inaska

Inaska New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had to post it away to get it repaired/replaced. It works sometimes though, like at random times for about 5 mins and then have a white screen for the rest of the day. I updated to 3.1.2 and when it worked for about a half day, i jailbreaked it and the next day didnt work. So i restored it to 3.1.2 and sent it away.
  4. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I hope you hear from Apple soon and that the news is good.
    Who knows, they might fix your iPod or send you a brand new 3G with 16gb's

Please Register or Log in to view images

And thanks to blackra1n you will be able to jailbreak it whether you use mac or windows because as you might have read in the front page the tool is available for mac as well now.

Good luck on that and be sure to tell me what happened just so I know (I still have 1-year warranty on mine and if something happens software-wise I want to know how it worked out for you)