Returnable if bought off of ebay?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Osito, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Osito

Osito New Member

Yo there. Sooooo I was hunting around ebay for a 4th gen touch (because stupid amazon raised the price from 382.00 for a 64GB back up to 399.00) and I found one for 360 bucks. For kicks, I bid on it. Guess what happened? That's right, I won the damn thing. SO my question is, if it has light leaks or clicking or any of the other glitches, could I take this puppy back to an Apple store or at the very least send it back to Apple for a new one? It's brand new in the packaging. Otherwise I'll just say to hell with it and worsen my rating.....
  2. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yeah they should honor replacement, it comes with a proof of purchase right?
  3. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you should be able to the apple store. theyll basically jsut take it and look at it and exchange it for you on the spot. dont even need a receipt or anything. the warranty transfers with the owner so you should be good

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    you might be able to give it back to the guy you buy it from. Or ask him to give you the papers for the iPod and you can take ownership of the iPod and replace it with warranty. I think thats how it works.
  5. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You mine as well just take it to Apple, rather then send it back. They'll replace it for you if there are any problems. Good luck!
  6. Osito

Osito New Member

If what you gentlemen/ladies say is in fact truth.....

....then I just got a 360 dollar 64GB 4th gen???? Mwa hahahaha!!!

So could I hear from someone who has returned their touch to an Apple store? Did they really just swap it no problem with no receipt or anything? There is an Apple store down the street and if this is confirmed then I'm saying screw it and pickin' up this bad boy!
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Bring it to the Apple Store for a refurb. No receipt needed... At all.
  8. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes, all purchased ipods are registered in their computers no matter from where, so u dont even need proof of purchase they will punch the code in and see you bought it...or that it was infact purchased
  9. dnaL0R

dnaL0R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    as a frequent ebay seller, i hate irresponsible bidders/buyers like yourself, Osito...

they bid on/buy items without a full commitment... they try their luck [like this f00] or buy things out of impulse... that is why you are supposed to ask questions and really study your purchase BEFORE you bid/buy...

i have been burned way too many times and got stuck with unnecessary ebay fees and junk thanks to people like you... no one gives a sh!t about how much you saved on your car insurance; i mean, your recent ipt purchase...

i hope it's a lemon and it blows up your computer when you sync up...

/rant
  10. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Now you're just being mean

Please Register or Log in to view images