Return policy for iPod touch/iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by willryan42, Apr 28, 2008.

1. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

Does anyone know the return policy for these? In particular if it's opened. I'm going to buy an iPhone, and just in case I can't unlock it properly or whatever, I'd like to know that I can return it and get a full cash refund.
  2. tom1030

tom1030 New Member

Maybe ask the iPod salespeople when you go there?
    Of course you're not going to mention the fact that you're gonna attempt to jailbreak it and such, but just ask them about refund policies.

From what I've heard though, if you return it AFTER all the packaging has been opened and such, you'll have to pay a small fee for the iPod to be packaged again.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're worried about it, buy it from a big retail store such as Bestbuy if that's possible. They are known to make much less thorough examinations of the iPods, and you are more likely for them to just replace it.

I find that the negative-black problem is a good excuse (problem from the first batch of iPods that caused blacks on videos to show up weird, but most employees won't know what it is), since you can wipe your iPod and say that it was because since you were returning it you didn't want to leave anything on it.

Since there are no videos, they can't check it to prove you wrong so they'll more than likely accept it.

That being said, the iPod Touch has a hardwired force restore, so with enough persistence there isn't any damage you can do that can't be undone.
  4. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I bought a 16gb from Bestbuy and returned it for a 32gb in 27 days. No questions asked, no fees payed. I wouldn't worry about the return policy from there, just say you didn't like it. Keep it under 30 days, though.
  5. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

Good information guys. I'm more interested in the iPhone, which I don't recall best buy having. I bought my touch from there, and I know that on iPods they have a 30 day return policy, even if it's opened. I was just hoping that Apple was the same or similar.